KTM 790 Duke Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few takeaways after today's Q2:

1. MM93 domination shaped the championship for the last few years, even more than we could imagine. Now that he is out for a few races, all bets are off.
2. Two Frenchmen first on the grid and not even in the correct order... First time EVER (in the modern era) that two Frenchmen take one and two on the grid.
3. Need to get used to hearing La Marseillaise... There are worst anthems to listen to 馃槈
4. Europe is having some serious heat wave for the past month or so. Climate Change anyone?
5. It's going to be a crazy season.

Enjoy the race tomorrow.

Registered
2018 KTM 790 Duke, 2008 KTM RC8, 2009 Yamaha MT-01, 2008 Buell XB12Scg, 1993 Yamaha Vmax.
My god. The world has been turned up side down.

Registered
Some new faces on the first 3 rows.
KTM getting it together. Aprillia getting fast.
Dovi 2021 contract slipping away, needs to get on podium, unlikely from 18th on grid
Race day, Petronas 1, 2, and not in the expected order?

a d m i n .
Fun begins tomorrow at 7:30 am, here on the east coast of the 'States.
Unusual for me, but not riding on a Sunday, as my ecu is 3000 miles away from me, for the moment, so racing will do nicely..:oops:

Registered
I can't wait for it to start...
I just hope that the two French men will not bump into each other at the first corner. :LOL:
I will see a KTM on the podium, paul espargaro, the warm up will say more this morning.
I hope Fabio will win, but the track is full of bump and it s not suit him... :cry:
that s why i see him in the first 5 only.
We're gonna have a lot of falls.

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Nothing to say other than we watched history in the making, in so many ways.

Crazy world, crazy year, crazy season. Almost like a chapter of the Twilight Zone. The only constant in this upside-down universe is Vale, or so it seems.

This season looks like a real changing of the guard.

Registered
2018 KTM 790 Duke, 2008 KTM RC8, 2009 Yamaha MT-01, 2008 Buell XB12Scg, 1993 Yamaha Vmax.
I feel sorry for Pol. He deserves KTMs first glory but well done to Binder. Great ride.

Registered
Good interview with Mike Leitner on motogp.com abut the KTM success. He strongly stresses the work put in by everyone involved and the focus should not just be on BB33.

Registered
Some new faces on the first 3 rows.
KTM getting it together. Aprillia getting fast.
Dovi 2021 contract slipping away, needs to get on podium, unlikely from 18th on grid
Race day, Petronas 1, 2, and not in the expected order?
Seems like the Ducati Yamaha and Honda factory teams all have something to learn from the independents

1 - 14 of 14 Posts