KTM 790 Duke Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Research suggests the stock N/A TS bulbs are RY10W orange.

For a firm that promotes ORANGE, these are weak indicators.

WITHOUT an LED indicator or LED bulb swap, is there a brighter incandescent bulb that will fit into the stock housing?

Research, again, suggests a 7507NA bulb.

Someone has gone down this road before me?

Thanks in advance,

Douglas.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Don't. Same base but the 21W glass is a lot larger. Even if the lens were to fit with the larger glass, you'll be melting it all down. The control circuit is inside the instrument cluster, I'd recommend not burning that out too.

I can tell on every Golf/Jetta when someone tries to get wise and fits one in place of the 5/10W. That melted splotch never goes away.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Correction identified, 60% improvement.

When things are brand new, I'm hesitant to f♡《} with them, sometimes I need to get over that and take a closer look.

I had noted, following Katie, that the rear turn signals were almost OK, but that the front were pathetic, about as bright as a turn signal indicator.

Inspection showed that the OEM turn signal reflectors are very directional. Get the line of sight right, and they are acceptably bright.

There is a small amount of rotation available with the front signal stalks. Up a couple of degrees to their maximum, and while they won't signal Aircraft, they might be bright enough for the street.

So, for this day, stock bulbs, lenses aimed higher.

A cheaper solution than these:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Inertia LED made great plug and play Canbus ready bulbs. I used them on my Ducati XDiavel and a friend has used them in his Super Duke. They were absolutely plug and play.
I hope they become available soon.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Inertia LED made great plug and play Canbus ready bulbs. I used them on my Ducati XDiavel and a friend has used them in his Super Duke. They were absolutely plug and play.
I hope they become available soon.
Thanks, I had found an article and that reference, but the Amazon link shows UNAVAILABLE.

Another source?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts