KTM 790 Duke Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm picking up my 790 tomorrow! I can't wait.

What should I get right away in my first KTM online parts order? I'm immediately thinking the heated grip kit, the USB port, and install my quad lock mount for my iPhone. Oil change kit.

What about the shorty exhaust hanger to ditch the pillion pegs?

I'm also going to get a 2020 tank shroud in black so replace the orange one that's on my '19 for $154.

·
Registered
415 Posts
1/Radiator protector, 2/Bar end mirror, 3/tail tidy, 4/ Exhaust then link pipe 5/ nitron shock 6/fork cartridge with springs to suit. 7/ EBC hh pads, (changed to S22 tires also.)...............Well this is the order of my mods.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Not really just today....but so far:
- orange stickers off for headlight cover, side panel marking, rear subframe stickers (always start by the stickers, easiest ! )
- Front Wave discs (so great) -Powerpart
- Clutch and crank covers -Powerpart
- Sticky Pirelli Rosso 3
- R&G radiator guard
- Tail tidy -Powerpart (a bit of hassle to assemble, and too long harnesses...but managed to do it alone, so anyone can do it)

To come:
- Rear pillion cover
- exhaust hanger and pillion pegs deletion
- Paint in black for the orange plastics ? - still need to finalise the design
- Shido Li Ion battery? - unless it creates electronic issues
- Flatter handlebar? - for track use mostly
- Rearward rider pegs?

will drop some pix when I progress on the ? side ...

·
Registered
21 Posts
Evotech frame sliders were my first modification. Highly recommended since I dropped the bike right after installing them with no ill effects :D

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Evotech frame sliders were my first modification. Highly recommended since I dropped the bike right after installing them with no ill effects :D
Do the frame sliders save everything else from hitting the ground? Might be worthwhile.

I added the PP tall seat, touring windscreen, exhaust hanger to get rid of the passenger pegs, bobbins for the swingarm, KTM heated grips, Kaoko throttle lock, and pulled some orange stickers off.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Do the frame sliders save everything else from hitting the ground? Might be worthwhile.

I added the PP tall seat, touring windscreen, exhaust hanger to get rid of the passenger pegs, bobbins for the swingarm, KTM heated grips, Kaoko throttle lock, and pulled some orange stickers off.
The brake pedal was bent, but otherwise only the sliders and bobbins touched down.

·
Super-Moderator
578 Posts
PP seat. Pick between low/med/high.
This was my first pick. Plus mirrors. Everything else after I rode it for a while and figured out what I liked more and/or less. It's very personal.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts