KTM 790 Duke Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks. I noticed that the front brake line is rubbing against the top of the radiator with the wheel pointed in a forward direction. When steering it would constantly rub against the hot radiator.

Has any one else noticed this? Seems like poor design by KTM. I'm not sure that it's a major issue but would it be possible to wear down the brake line after many miles?

I've also attached a photo, it's touching the actual radiator, not the rad guard (evotech)

Keen to hear your thoughts.

Attachments

·
Registered
75 Posts
I'll check mine and report back. I am about to install galpher line set with brembo calipers and MC so I'll be sure to check this. Might be good area for piece of rubber tubing slipped over line. Looks like you added radiator guard which I did as well.

·
Super-Moderator
578 Posts
Checked and, actually....

Yes. But showing no signs of an wear. I would have to agree that is seems a bit strange.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'll check mine and report back. I am about to install galpher line set with brembo calipers and MC so I'll be sure to check this. Might be good area for piece of rubber tubing slipped over line. Looks like you added radiator guard which I did as well.
Thanks for the tip. I found a bit of plastic hose and slipped it over where it contacts the radiator. Seems to be holding up just fine after a 400km ride today.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks folks, seems like a mixed bag with the brake lines. I've done what Thumper790 suggested with some plastic tubing to protect the line from the radiator, works a treat.

Have to say I'm a bit disappointed with KTM's manufacturing quality.. I've also had issues with leaking forks, leaking sump gasket all within 1,500 kms. Luckily the bike is insanely fun to ride!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Actually glad you did this post. Although mine is not rubbing I will pay close attention that new brembo setup with new lines dont rub there

1 - 8 of 8 Posts