KTM 790 Duke Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
From the dealer:
"It was just a failure of a brake switch, small cheap part but crucial when it comes to activating/deactivating the brake light!"
Do you have any idea what the part number was? I just bought a 2020 KTM 790 duke and within a week I was having this issue. The dealer is telling me it could be a few weeks to get the part as it has to come from Europe, however I am looking at some online shops and most of them have the various switches in stock.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Do you have any idea what the part number was? I just bought a 2020 KTM 790 duke and within a week I was having this issue. The dealer is telling me it could be a few weeks to get the part as it has to come from Europe, however I am looking at some online shops and most of them have the various switches in stock.
I'm afraid not. I'll see if there is anyone still at the dealer and see if I can find out

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm afraid not. I'll see if there is anyone still at the dealer and see if I can find out
No worries. I found out the part number, on backorder until June. Good news is the mechanic disabled the front brake light switch, the faulty part, so the brake light is now fully functional when using the rear brake. Part number is 64111051000 for anyone interested. at least I can ride it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Just had a brand new 790 delivered today, put it straight in the garage this morning as I'm meant to be working from home. Now went to go ride it and exact same problem, brake light on and occasionally flickers releasing the brake lever. Pissed off to say the least, says a lot for the dealers pdi. Haven't even sat on it and it will have to go back.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just had a brand new 790 delivered today, put it straight in the garage this morning as I'm meant to be working from home. Now went to go ride it and exact same problem, brake light on and occasionally flickers releasing the brake lever. Pissed off to say the least, says a lot for the dealers pdi. Haven't even sat on it and it will have to go back.
I am still waiting on the part to fix mine, it was the brake light sensor for the front brake that is under the gas tank. Good news is the mechanic just unplugged that cable, so the brake light is fully functional when using the rear brake, just does nothing with the front. Basically I can ride it just need to be aware there is no brake light when using the front brake only.

Its pretty sad this problem is as common as it seems and KTM cant get the parts to dealers to fix new machines.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Found this on interweb:

Some bikes are delivered with a fault where the brake light is permanently on. A trip to the dealer to fix is the usual response. One report was traced to a faulty ABS sensor which requires removing the tank for access.
Suggestion from Askar Aiteliyev on the Facebook group KTM 790 Adventure : “High pressure in the ABS line, make short 10 min trip with short braking front and rear. Will be fixed. Same will be done by dealer.”

Will give it a go in the morning.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just took delivery of my 790 Duke today. Apparently this is becoming a common issue. More common on 790 Adventure according to shop. They noticed my brake pressure switch was faulty during the pre-delivery inspection and ordered a new one under warranty.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I never updated on this, but the short ride with lots of front and rear braking completely fixed it on mine. It's been fine ever since. 👍

21 - 29 of 29 Posts