KTM 790 Duke Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put down a deposit on a '19 leftover 790 today. I pick it up Monday! It'll be my 4th KTM. I had a 300 2 stroke, 690 SMC and a 990SMT in the past. I can't wait to be back to orange!

·
Registered
66 Posts
how did you like the 690 SMC? I almost bought one instead of the 790 but the 790 seemed like a better do-everything type of bike

·
Super-Moderator
578 Posts
Congrats and welcome. Don't forget to let us know how your enjoying your new ride.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
how did you like the 690 SMC? I almost bought one instead of the 790 but the 790 seemed like a better do-everything type of bike
I loved the 690 SMC. I took it to Hawaii and it was the perfect bike out there. Then I moved to Virginia and was commuting HOV lanes to the Pentagon every day unless it was ice or snow. 75-80mph for 20 miles each way, the 690 was lacking so I got a 990 SMT and with a tail box, was the perfect commuter. The box could hold a helmet and summer jacket, or my aerostich suit in bad weather. Heated grips, heated gloves/jacket, it was comfy at 20 degrees. At the time the 690 wasn't getting ridden so I sold it. Then I had little kids and sold the 990 after my job moved and I no longer had HOV lanes to enjoy.

Now I'm getting ready to head to Italy and want something to explore around town while the kids are in school. 790 it is.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts