KTM 790 Duke Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Purchased a boosterplug and can use some help with setup. Where are people placing the external sensor? I'm thinking of routing it backwards and mounting under the passenger seat area.

Any help appreciated...

·
Registered
843 Posts
If it were me - I'd try to get it into clean airflow - I'd certainly not hide it inside an enclosed space with poor ventilation.

Any way to get it inside the airbox near to the air intakes?

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If it were me - I'd try to get it into clean airflow - I'd certainly not hide it inside an enclosed space with poor ventilation.

Any way to get it inside the airbox near to the air intakes?
Thanks. Actually since posting I learned they suggest 3 places in the Duke-specific installation instructions and what you say is one of them: near the stearing head, under the head light, or next to the airbox snorkel air intake.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I feel that it did improve low rpm coughing/stumbling, but it doesn't cure it. I didn't notice much in the rest of the rev range. My fuel economy did go down by about 5-10%, so it definitely was making the mixture richer.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I feel that it did improve low rpm coughing/stumbling, but it doesn't cure it. I didn't notice much in the rest of the rev range. My fuel economy did go down by about 5-10%, so it definitely was making the mixture richer.
I'm about to add the 15t front sprocket. In combination with the Booster Plug I'm hoping to "fix" the inner city stumbling.

·
Registered
415 Posts
On my 1290 i had O2 sensor removal plugs and dongles in place, and the bike ran nice and smooth around town, but i always had that nagging feeling that a fixed fueling rate down low wasn't the best scenario, so i re connected the O2 sensors and fitted a Booster plug (channeled the sensor out the back of the bike) It now has lost that smooth bottom end around town but the fuel economy is better, and mid range feels better/stronger (4-6000revs). Ive been considering one for the 790, but even with my link pipe and IXIL muffler with custom baffle the bike isn't running lean down low, well the pipe isn't grey, more a light darker colour, and it seems to go alright.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts