KTM 790 Duke Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I picked up my bike a week ago, and I bought a boosterplug which is due to arrive today. Crossed my mind though... will it void warranty?

·
Registered
415 Posts
Hi all,

I picked up my bike a week ago, and I bought a boosterplug which is due to arrive today. Crossed my mind though... will it void warranty?
KTM have new mapping for the 790 that allows for an open pipe (removal of CAT). But the stock pipe doesn't run well with a link pipe, needs a more open less restrictive exhaust.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
KTM have new mapping for the 790 that allows for an open pipe (removal of CAT). But the stock pipe doesn't run well with a link pipe, needs a more open less restrictive exhaust.
Good to know. I spent most of my upgrade money already on other bits (sliders, engine case guards, etc.). Will probably upgrade the exhaust at some point next year.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Umm, what is a booster plug ?
https://www.boosterplug.com/shop/boosterplug-ktm-790-747p.html

In a nutshell... it fools the ECU into thinking the air temp is a few degrees cooler than with the stock air sensor. This causes it to run a bit richer across the fuel map, fixing a lot of the low RPM stumbling/roughness. Because of emissions requirements modern bikes are sent out of the factory very lean, causing these issues.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts