KTM 790 Duke Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
VIP member
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So, after waiting for 57 days (thanks coronavirus) for my Bonamici Racing Case Savers to make their way from Italy to my garage, with a brief stopover at Moto-D Racing, I got a chance to install them on my 790 today. My primary reason for switching from the PowerParts protectors to the Bonamici bits was that the water pump cover was also protected. When unboxing the parts, the case savers live up to Bonamici‘s reputation for quality manufacturing. You can see the machining marks in the black anodized billet aluminum. Hopefully, I’ll never have to test their toughness, but until then, they’ll just look cool on my 790.

Bonamici KTM Duke 790 Case Savers (2018+)

·
Super-Moderator
627 Posts
beautiful.

A bit pricey, but I guess not as pricey as cracking the cases...

·
VIP member
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Back when I was racing my EX500, I had to replace the water pump cover just about every time it went down on the right side. Its water pump was in exactly the same place as the 790’s. So, I really wanted to protect it. The only other serious protection I could find was the Woodcraft one, and although it looks hella sturdy, it’s ugly. Combine that with a matching Woodcraft ignition cover, and you’re in the same price range. At least with the Bonamici set, I get good looks until I need the protection.

·
Registered
42 Posts
....The only other serious protection I could find was the Woodcraft one, and although it looks hella sturdy, it’s ugly. Combine that with a matching Woodcraft ignition cover, and you’re in the same price range. At least with the Bonamici set, I get good looks until I need the protection.
Ugly? Ugly, you say?!? My Woodcraft water pump protector just arrived yesterday... ;)

Speaking of which, their instructions call for draining the coolant before installing. It's not really the end of the world, but I figured as long as I maintained a little pressure on the pump, I could remove the screws and install the guard without having to do so. Curious if you had to drain the coolant when you installed yours?

·
VIP member
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I maintained a little pressure. Only a bit dribbled out.

Sorry about slagging on the cover.

·
VIP member
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It’s a nice one, but I didn’t like the logo.

I know, picky, picky, picky.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Evans it seems you are in charge to make the economy to go !
Each time you spend and post it, we all (weak peoples) want to do so !

good looking 👍 keep going

1 - 18 of 18 Posts