KTM 790 Duke Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Straight fit, no spacers needed, uses standard bolts and gives much more braking power with bigger pistons 馃檶馃徏

Thought I'd share in case anyone was looking for a cheap and effective upgrade

Registered
2020 KTM Duke, '72 Norton Commando, '62 BSA C-15, '82 Suzuki PE 175
That's a cool upgrade but cheap? Did you pick those up second hand or new?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's a cool upgrade but cheap? Did you pick those up second hand or new?
Second hand on ebay for 拢55 then had them powder coated for 拢30

Reactions: Stewart

Registered
Did you reuse the factory KTM soft lines and banjo bolts?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Reactions: 32vsnake

Registered
Nicely done! What year bike are those from? Do you know the piston diameter?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nicely done! What year bike are those from? Do you know the piston diameter?
Unsure of piston size without measuring, but I can check when I finish work, they're off a 2016 RR

Registered
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Slightly OT, but I rode with someone who was riding a s1000rr, yesterday. Such a beast, that engine. 馃
I'd love an S1000XR, great fun to ride but very tall :(

Reactions: Mayhem

Registered
Got a chance to get some Brembo鈥榮 off a V2 Tuono to install on my 790. Any reason they would not fit besides bolt spacing? Would they be an improvement? Already have the doubleH pads.

Registered
Interesting mod Katie, and at a bargain basement price!
I see the S1000 uses 320mm discs so do the pads align/contact perfectly with the standard 790D 300mm discs?
Of course another thought that springs to mind is the validity of one鈥檚 insurance!?馃

Registered
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Got a chance to get some Brembo鈥榮 off a V2 Tuono to install on my 790. Any reason they would not fit besides bolt spacing? Would they be an improvement? Already have the doubleH pads.
They should fit, 100mm spacing will fit, they have bigger pistons so should see an improvement in braking with them

Interesting mod Katie, and at a bargain basement price!
I see the S1000 uses 320mm discs so do the pads align/contact perfectly with the standard 790D 300mm discs?
Of course another thought that springs to mind is the validity of one鈥檚 insurance!?馃
They line up perfectly, but I had spacers handy if they didn't, it was a calculated risk! My insurance is aware of all my mods, they're great

Awesome hack!
Thanks for sharing!!

Does it also change the lever behavior or will I still have this long way?
I have a Brembo MC, lever feels just as solid but unsure on how it will effect the stock, I cant imagine it would change anything :)

Registered
Larger caliper piston, using the stock master cylinder will result in a softer lever with increased travel.
Not really that desirable then!
I think I鈥檒l just try changing to the EBC HH pads first and see what that gives.
:geek:

a d m i n .
Sweet mod, Katie, thanks for sharing it with us!

Not really that desirable then!
I think I鈥檒l just try changing to the EBC HH pads first and see what that gives.
:geek:
Changing the master cyl to go with the calipers upgrade, is a given.

Registered
AFAIK - Brembo make 30/34 and 32/32 variants of their radial. JJuan are 30/34.
Cheap Brembos? - Yes and they look good - but I am struggling to see the advantage.

Registered
Thats an awesome mod. One thing Im a little disappointed with is the front calipers but I dont take delivery until saturday so Ill see how I get on but great info thanks!! Stu

Registered
^^^ Try the EBC pads, you will be amazed, i was. To fit other brake caliber setups with larger pistons, you will need a larger master cylinder to drive more volume into the larger pistons. As said above with the stoch master cylinder there will be increased leaver travel. Possibly not a bad thing, but the gains could be outweighed by this extra travel. Good mod and well done for going out on a limb and trying it. (PS, i think you will need a larger mastercyclinder to cope, and give you an advantage over the stock setup with EBC pads)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts