KTM 790 Duke Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What brand/model/size bike cover do you recommend? My Duke will need to be outside for a few months and I want a top notch cover that I can toss into the tail bag.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Good question @zimm

I only needed an indoor cover so got the Oxford Protex Premium one:

o https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00TYRIGWE/ref=pe_3187911_189395841_TE_3p_dp_1

The medium size just fits the Duke - it's very stretchy and a tight fit but that's how it's supposed to be - it keeps the crap off the bike in the garage. It's no good for outdoor use though as it isn't waterproof at all.

I don't know about outdoor covers - hopefully someone else will chime in.

·
Registered
843 Posts
If you live somewhere HUMID - be careful. It's important that the cover breathes a bit or condensation will form inside. The idea of a half cover seems very sound to me.

·
Registered
843 Posts
Just been looking on Amazon at the Oxford cover @dma mentioned. There is also an OUTDOOR VERSION. Also stretch.

Another option - visit a sailmaker. I have a cover I had custom made many years ago to fit over my Guzzi with 50L panniers and topcase fitted. They are usually able to make material suggestions based on local atmospherics.

·
Registered
90 Posts
In my garage I use an old double bed sheet to protect the motorcycle from dust. Not the most beautiful, but the cheapest and very effective. In addition if you buy a new sheet for the bed your wife is delighted :grin:

·
Registered
180 Posts
In my garage I use an old double bed sheet to protect the motorcycle from dust. Not the most beautiful, but the cheapest and very effective. In addition if you buy a new sheet for the bed your wife is delighted :grin:
Indeed, my trials bike is draped in an old blanket - does the job!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts