KTM 790 Duke Forum banner

21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
dbmoto (from ebay) tail tidy installed. Check it.

Install wasn't too hard and the price was right. Took a little over 3 weeks to get here (Shipped from the UK) which is reasonable I think considering delays caused by COVID-19.

·
Registered
27 Posts
MNNTHBX hands down...
That is pretty rad. Might have to switch it up once I knock out a few other essentials. A proper exhaust is next on the menu I'm thinking. I just couldn't stand that stock tail. The bike is 100% sexier with it gone.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I hated the r and g tidy I had so I made my own. I used a pair of highsider blaze units which are super bright with side/stop and turn all integrated. Made a tidy out of aluminium and powder coated it (I have my own set-up) it's as clean/minimal as I could get while still being purely bolt on/plug n play and UK legal spacing.

Attachments

·
Registered
30 Posts
Ended up going the Ebay route.
Stayed with stock signals and plate backing just to keep it looking oem.
Works for me.

@llawd I like your ebay dbmoto tail tidy set up and I'm planning to order one for my US spec 790 duke.
Is this the right link ? KTM Duke 790 / 890 Tail Tidy Fender Eliminator 2017 2018 2019 2020 Smoked Lens | eBay
Is the brake light connector plug & play with the stock connector ? And finally was there any damage to the turn signals from the stock exhaust heat?
If everything goes well with the tail tidy installation I will replace the turn signals with cyclops multi function turn signals.

·
Registered
13 Posts
IMHO Evotech Performance is simply the best.
Agreed. It just didn't work for what I wanted.

@llawd I like your ebay dbmoto tail tidy set up and I'm planning to order one for my US spec 790 duke.
Is this the right link ? KTM Duke 790 / 890 Tail Tidy Fender Eliminator 2017 2018 2019 2020 Smoked Lens | eBay
Is the brake light connector plug & play with the stock connector ? And finally was there any damage to the turn signals from the stock exhaust heat?
If everything goes well with the tail tidy installation I will replace the turn signals with cyclops multi function turn signals.
That looks like the right one, but it's not the same vendor.
I bought this one. It comes with clear or smoke lens. Message the guy after you order to get the one you want.

He also has one with signals

No, not plug and plug. You cut the OEM wires. Not a huge deal.

No damage so far. It appears to be up high enough that there won't be any. But I've not ridden very far yet to know for sure.
He advertises it as no damage. We'll see.

·
Registered
30 Posts

I bought this one. It comes with clear or smoke lens. Message the guy after you order to get the one you want.

No damage so far. It appears to be up high enough that there won't be any. But I've not ridden very far yet to know for sure.
@llawd Thank you for the quick reply. Do we cut the OEM brake light connector, feed to the supplied dbmoto brake light and reconnect the stock connector to the OEM tail harness ? Also can we switch back to OEM brake light with the tail if we cut the OEM wires ? (Not much experience with the motorcycle electrical wiring :confused:)

·
Registered
6 Posts

How bright is the tail light unit? I’m wary about them not being bright as the oem tail light.

·
Registered
30 Posts
You have now! I have the Powerbronze on my North American spec bike. It's well made and fit & finish is fine. It comes with 2 heat shields, for symmetry. The heat shield appears big enough to protect the exhaust side signal, but nope! Mine started to melt. However, as I mentioned it comes with 2 heat shields, and I wound up installing them both on the exhaust side, in an "L" configuration, which shielded the turn signal sufficiently from the exhaust blast. This is about the only set up I know of, that offers enough protection for our larger signals. I'd recommend it.
@markjanemhan Would you mind sharing some pictures of your bike with the powerbronze tail tidy set up ?!

21 - 40 of 42 Posts