KTM 790 Duke Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, shopping for tail tidy for a US spec bike.

Powerbronze keeps all the stock lights and is cheaper.

Evotech looks more finished, but requires LED tail lights, resisters, and then I'll want fronts to match.

Other ideas?

Needs to hold a US plate for now, and an EU plate in a few months....

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Alright, shopping for tail tidy for a US spec bike. Needs to hold a US plate for now, and an EU plate in a few months....
Long term move? Or Short Term?

I hope you know what a serious PITA in the arse it can be moving a non EU spec vehicle into the EU. It can be a PITA between EU countries. I have been though it several times and it's seldom worth the effort - easier/cheaper to just buy a local vehicle.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I just got a Mustard tail tidy, haven't fitted it yet but the quality is good and it comes with a tail light fitted with the OEM connector, you just have to fit your existing indicators.

·
Super-Moderator
684 Posts
~$50. Looks like a good deal...

·
Registered
35 Posts
PowerPart Tail Tidy

I was looking for a Tail tidy and went to the easier: bought the PowerPart one at one of my trip, together with the other PP parts.

It is not the easiest to mount as it is a kit that would have been more customer friendly if pre-assembled for some parts.
Anyway, after 30mn pre-assembly at home to check I understood overall mounting process, went downstairs and after 30mn, all done :wink:.

I
  • t mounts faily easily
  • The connectors are plug&Play, so that part is very easy
  • The Tail light is small and well integrated now with overall bike design
  • It is a bit long as the plate if not flush to the bike rear frame (there is an extension like in Duke 390, albeit better than the rear diving board of the OE 790)
  • The Harness is far too long, especially the rear plate light harness. I ended up doing a loop behind the license plate and secoured it with a zip tie.:grin:
I'll post pictures ...once I do some.

Is it the best Tail tidy or cheapest? maybe no
Does it work well, yes.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Alright, shopping for tail tidy for a US spec bike.

Powerbronze keeps all the stock lights and is cheaper.

Evotech looks more finished, but requires LED tail lights, resisters, and then I'll want fronts to match.

Other ideas?

Needs to hold a US plate for now, and an EU plate in a few months....
Big 👍 for Mustard bikes tail tidy. Terrific vid on their website, quality product, arrived on time and good price lMO

·
Registered
14 Posts
Here where I'm coming from and what I'm after.

USA bike
I prefer to keep the stock pipe, turn signals, and tail light for now.

Evotech
I like the Evotech but it puts the turn signal right in the exhaust path. And I'm not ready to change the pipe.

Rokon
Doesn't meet all my criteria and sold out for months...

R&G
Doesn't meet all my criteria and sold out for months...

New Rage
Ugly, IMO

Mustard
Doesn't meet all my criteria, ugly tail light

Which leaves me with

Powerbronze
Stock tail light and turn signals, heat shield for turn signal
But I can't find anyone that has one or can report on the quality, fit, etc

-or maybe-
Yoshimura
with this (low mount orientation)
to move the turn signals down and out of the exhaust blast.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
111 Posts
But I can't find anyone that has one or can report on the quality, fit, etc
You have now! I have the Powerbronze on my North American spec bike. It's well made and fit & finish is fine. It comes with 2 heat shields, for symmetry. The heat shield appears big enough to protect the exhaust side signal, but nope! Mine started to melt. However, as I mentioned it comes with 2 heat shields, and I wound up installing them both on the exhaust side, in an "L" configuration, which shielded the turn signal sufficiently from the exhaust blast. This is about the only set up I know of, that offers enough protection for our larger signals. I'd recommend it.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts