KTM 790 Duke Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I was looking for a tail tidy for my 790 Duke. My favourite one was the one from New Rage Cycles but it seems that the yellow blinkers need at least 23cm between eachother (see photo from Quebec’s motorcycle mechanics verification guide attachewhich isn’t the case for the NRC tail tidy.

What else would you recommend?

Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
120 Posts
I have the NRC and the MNNTHBX. Both instructions suck, or lack of, but the MNNTHBX is TWICE as bright and alot better engineered/designed. Still not legal if you need your turn signals that far apart though. I think the EVOTECH would be your best solution

·
Registered
112 Posts
Hi guys,

I was looking for a tail tidy for my 790 Duke. My favourite one was the one from New Rage Cycles but it seems that the yellow blinkers need at least 23cm between eachother (see photo from Quebec’s motorcycle mechanics verification guide attachewhich isn’t the case for the NRC tail tidy.

What else would you recommend?

Thanks!
Cool it seem like I’m not the only one from Quebec igloo anymore !
Bienvenu ! De quel région tu es ?
well 1st if you want to be legal you can’t put a tail tidy since it won’t cover the entire back wheel, they’re really fussy her in Quebec. Also if you still have the stock legal exhaust you will burn/melt the stock legal blinker in no time. So if you still go down that road evotech is really great looking (or R&G a bit cheaper) but you need to install an heat shield and most likely some led flashers and then have and error message when using it. Since we’re on lockdown i didn’t ask the dealer yet to see if led mode is available here.
Also if your bike is almost stock ( not too noisy) you should not get pull over for that. If you do you’ll need to go to inspection.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cool it seem like I’m not the only one from Quebec igloo anymore !
Bienvenu ! De quel région tu es ?
well 1st if you want to be legal you can’t put a tail tidy since it won’t cover the entire back wheel, they’re really fussy her in Quebec. Also if you still have the stock legal exhaust you will burn/melt the stock legal blinker in no time. So if you still go down that road evotech is really great looking (or R&G a bit cheaper) but you need to install an heat shield and most likely some led flashers and then have and error message when using it. Since we’re on lockdown i didn’t ask the dealer yet to see if led mode is available here.
Also if your bike is almost stock ( not too noisy) you should not get pull over for that. If you do you’ll need to go to inspection.
Hi Pat,

Why install LED flashers, can’t the stock flashers be used for the Evotech tail tidy?

And if I get pulled over, will I get a ticket on the spot or do they just make you go for an inspection (how much would an inspection cost anyways)?

Thanks

·
Registered
92 Posts
I'm in Vancouver, and I have the Powerbronze tail tidy. Uses the stock tail light, and keeps the turn signals wider than other tail tidies. I previously had the R&G which is great, but the turn signals are much closer together, and the R&G tail light is much smaller than stock. A Vancouver police officer wasn't as impressed as me, and pulled me over to tell me all the illegalities of my bike! Fortunately, he was a decent guy, and just "advised" me to fix things, and didn't ticket me. Word of warning, if you are using the stock North American turn signals and the stock exhaust, the R&G heat shields do not work. They're too small (designed for the Euro LED signals.) Even the Powerbronze heat shield, which is much bigger, doesn't work. It started to melt my exhaust-side signal. I now have an after-market exhaust which is lower and further back. Good luck with the Quebec cops!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm in Vancouver, and I have the Powerbronze tail tidy. Uses the stock tail light, and keeps the turn signals wider than other tail tidies. I previously had the R&G which is great, but the turn signals are much closer together, and the R&G tail light is much smaller than stock. A Vancouver police officer wasn't as impressed as me, and pulled me over to tell me all the illegalities of my bike! Fortunately, he was a decent guy, and just "advised" me to fix things, and didn't ticket me. Word of warning, if you are using the stock North American turn signals and the stock exhaust, the R&G heat shields do not work. They're too small (designed for the Euro LED signals.) Even the Powerbronze heat shield, which is much bigger, doesn't work. It started to melt my exhaust-side signal. I now have an after-market exhaust which is lower and further back. Good luck with the Quebec cops!
OK so my best guess for now would be the Powerbronze tail tidy, using the stock tail light, aftermarket LED turn signals from ebay (which will really be wider than other tail tidies from what I can see in Powerbronze tail tidy pictures). With the Powerbronze heat shield, my exhaust-side signal shouldn't melt?

And where did you order your Powerbronze tail tidy? I can't seem to find it in Canada.

If I'm sure my stuff will at least not melt I might try my luck with the Quebec cops hahaha!

·
Registered
92 Posts
With the Powerbronze heat shield, my exhaust-side signal shouldn't melt?
I can't promise that, it all depends on the size of your turn signals, but if the LED's are completely shielded by the Powerbronze heat shield, hopefully you should be fine. It's a non-issue for me now, because I have an aftermarket exhaust which is shorter and lower than stock, so there's no heat blast on the signal now.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts