KTM 790 Duke Forum banner
21 - 40 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Hey everyone,

Im wondering what you would recommend as the best exhaust for my new 890R. I haven't even heard it run yet as it's still being built. However I like the sound of an aftermarket exhaust. I put the Leo Vince on LV1 on my 390 and it made it sound better with the baffle pulled out. Just wondering what u guys think. I am sorry if there is already a thread about this. I'm new here and don't know all the ways to navigate it yet.
Yoshimura or sc project s1 !!!

·
Registered
265 Posts
I run a Wings. I mailed before hand and they sent it un-labelled and with the Carbon in Matte. A little bit "stealth".
It points out a bit too - Not just up and back. I mention this in case you're considering luggage.
I emailed them about getting the ADV style can/carbon tip/guard for the 890, as I think it looks a little cooler. no reply yet... I used my work account (I work in automotive parts ind.) so maybe they thought it was spam...

·
Registered
66 Posts
My decision after watching all the sound vids and looking at how they all fit (proximity to turn signals with tail tidy, etc) I went with an Austin Racing V3, 200mm because I didn't want it to be too short/stubby. I loved the exhaust, but still felt it wasn't quite loud enough...and I wanted a little bump in power, esp through the midrange. I purchased an SC project decat pipe and had my local KTM shop update the ECU with the full system Akro map (FREE!). I absolutely love the way the bike sounds and runs now. I had the quickshifter installed/unlocked at the same time, so I'm sure that probably helped...

·
Registered
66 Posts
My decision after watching all the sound vids and looking at how they all fit (proximity to turn signals with tail tidy, etc) I went with an Austin Racing V3, 200mm because I didn't want it to be too short/stubby. I loved the exhaust, but still felt it wasn't quite loud enough...and I wanted a little bump in power, esp through the midrange. I purchased an SC project decat pipe and had my local KTM shop update the ECU with the full system Akro map (FREE!). I absolutely love the way the bike sounds and runs now. I had the quickshifter installed/unlocked at the same time, so I'm sure that probably helped...titanium
I'll bet that's a a sweet system....pics? I'm planning on using the SC Project decat pipe as well but my KTM dealer said they couldn't upload the full Akro Evo map unless I bought the full titanium Akro set up. I told them that I had read that, in fact, they could, but they said it was only available to them once the system was purchased and they had no access to unlock it otherwise! Any chance you could tell me which dealer you used so I could have them try reaching out to them?

·
Registered
66 Posts
@MinGaardWarlord - pic attached was taken prior to the decat pipe install. As for the KTM dealer, that's completely false. Based on guidance I received here (the map is free), I contacted the dealer/primary tech and they didn't bat an eye. Essentially your dealer is saying unless you buy this KTM licensed Akro pipe, we're not going to give you this free map. Nothing special about the Akro slip on + decat pipe, whatever slip on/decat combo you go with should be awfully close in flow/spec/performance. I am located in Florida, but if the dealer name helps, please let me know.

·
Registered
20 Posts
+1 for Wings. They sound and look great, removable baffle, doesn’t interfere with turn signals (stock setup or tail tidy), smaller than Akrapovic but not a shorty (too loud for me), and is almost half the cost of Akrapovic shipped with near identical build quality.

View attachment 6917
Do you have a sound clip of the Wing Slip-on?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey everyone,

Im wondering what you would recommend as the best exhaust for my new 890R. I haven't even heard it run yet as it's still being built. However I like the sound of an aftermarket exhaust. I put the Leo Vince on LV1 on my 390 and it made it sound better with the baffle pulled out. Just wondering what u guys think. I am sorry if there is already a thread about this. I'm new here and don't know all the ways to navigate it yet.
Hi i have an arrow exhaust which sounds great. Plenty of stuff on YouTube as well.

·
Registered
2021 KTM DUKE 890-R
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
Hey, all you fellow KTM lovers. I just wanted to say thank you for all the input you all have me on the exhaust options. Im new to the whole forum world. I usually do any research and searching on my own. However, I now realize I love the input from another perscective. Sorry for the mushy **** lol. Just think this forum is pretty effin cool.

·
Registered
66 Posts
@MinGaardWarlord - pic attached was taken prior to the decat pipe install. As for the KTM dealer, that's completely false. Based on guidance I received here (the map is free), I contacted the dealer/primary tech and they didn't bat an eye. Essentially your dealer is saying unless you buy this KTM licensed Akro pipe, we're not going to give you this free map. Nothing special about the Akro slip on + decat pipe, whatever slip on/decat combo you go with should be awfully close in flow/spec/performance. I am located in Florida, but if the dealer name helps, please let me know. View attachment 6924
I appreciate the input.....thought I'd read something similar from one of our Euro guys on here but wasn't sure if that was the case here in the US. If it's no trouble, I'd love to get your FLA dealer's info (if you're comfortable passing it along.....I'll treat it with absolute professionalism etc....) so that I can give the tech at my local dealership a little friendly resource (hint) so that he'll hook me up. I did purchase my Akro slip-on (not the full system but still a $1050+ can!) from them so they should be able to justify it regardless. Thanks again......I'm REALLY excited to hear and feel the difference!!!!

21 - 40 of 50 Posts