KTM 790 Duke Forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Yes I am wary of the ground clearance if I go down the vario foot pegs route, I already have the +20mm seat on order ready for when I get the bike, and I have an air hawk seat pad which will add a few more millimetres height.
Currently mfw don’t have any specific vario footpegs for the 790, but they do some for the 690 I think which has foot pegs similar.
I will see how my knees fair firstly before I even look into getting any. I think new better tyres will take priority with what I am hearing about the Maxxis OE tyres. More £’s!

·
Registered
790 Duke 2020
95 Posts
Fitted some bar risers today, makes quite a difference (for me),
Could you possibly provide us with the link to the exact source/seller of the 20mm riser that you used? My concern is the KTM 38mm bolt spacing seems to be wider than most, so have your risers got elongated holes ?
Despite other links on this forum I cannot find suitable risers, so your source would be very helpful. Thanks.

·
Registered
790 Duke 2020
95 Posts
p.s. I risked a punt on 20mm risers from Aliexpress, since the description seemed similar to those found by Corbetta611, except they cost around £15 + taxes from China compared to £31 from Amazon. Still waiting for delivery.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have also fitted the a similar set as Corbetta, but without the top clamp (not needed, just re-use stock) and from a slightly different (Canadian) Amazon source: Motorcycle ADV Dirt Bike Handlebar Risers 1 1/8" 28.6mm Without Clamps, Fit for Honda VFR1200X/CB650R, YAMAHA VMAX/MT-125, Triumph Street Triple, KTM, Aprilia, Ducati Scrambler 800 (Black,(25/32" )20mm): Amazon.ca: Automotive

These work. The holes are oval shaped to accomodate for different screw spacings. I did find that the included screws were ever slightly too long and bottomed out on one side. I solved this by doubling up the included washers on that side. I had no issues with cable clearance, and was able to simply tug on the cables, clutch and brake lines to get enough slack. As a tall guy it made a big difference.

·
Registered
790 Duke 2020
95 Posts
Wow! That’s a big rise. I’m surprised you managed to release enough slack in the cables and pipes to accommodate it. (y)

·
Registered
790 Duke 2020
95 Posts
The Aliexpress 20mm bar risers are now fitted. No issues at all. Easy fit, no cable issues. No import duty on this package either! Flukey result.

·
Registered
5 Posts
2" ROX Risers Moved rerouted clutch cable and brake line, note brake line is at it's limit
key test
That looks great! how easy of a job was it? Anything in particular that I need to know or is a 15 min job? An would you mind sharing the hand covers link to have a look?.Thank you

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey Wozz, Any part number for those 20mm risers or lead on where to get them? Having trouble finding the right ones.

Fitted some bar risers today, makes quite a difference (for me), I'm 6'1" and find my neck tilts back at an uncomfortable angle for me with the standard bars.

Just a word of caution if anyone decides to do it, 20mm is the MAX the bars can be raised and that is only because I tilt the brake and clutch slightly lower than the standard position. The other thing to note is bolt hole spacing is 39 mm although most brands slot the holes to accommodate most bikes.

The reason that 20mm is the most the bars can be raised is because of the brake line.

To see how to dismantle the headlight assembly download the KTM heated grips installation. Also if you ever decide to remove the headight the top mounting screw doubles as the headlight adjustment so mark a point on the wall where the centre of the high beam is.
Fitted some bar risers today, makes quite a difference (for me), I'm 6'1" and find my neck tilts back at an uncomfortable angle for me with the standard bars.

Just a word of caution if anyone decides to do it, 20mm is the MAX the bars can be raised and that is only because I tilt the brake and clutch slightly lower than the standard position. The other thing to note is bolt hole spacing is 39 mm although most brands slot the holes to accommodate most bikes.

The reason that 20mm is the most the bars can be raised is because of the brake line.

To see how to dismantle the headlight assembly download the KTM heated grips installation. Also if you ever decide to remove the headight the top mounting screw doubles as the headlight adjustment so mark a point on the wall where the centre of the high beam is.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hi AMatu
sorry for late reply yes i have an extra control on my handle bar, not the best looking unit but then neither is the oxford control .
The grips look identical to the originals this kit was very easy to fit the slowest part was getting to the wiring in the headlight back
will post picture if still required please advise
wouldn't heated gloves be much less expensive? Seems like a lot of money and effort. Just my opinion

21 - 34 of 34 Posts