KTM 790 Duke Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm currently in the process of getting a KTM 790 Duke :grin:

Pricing for Demo's start $13000 Ride-Away and Brand New at $14395 Ride-Away for those that are interested.

Dealer is good and offers free labour on any accessories bought at the time of sale plus a further 10-15% off KTM PowerParts and accessories.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I picked up a Procycles demo for $12.5K in jan with about 1800km on it. At that time I think new were around $16K RA. It was annoying to find the recall hadn’t been done (rear subframe bolts) and the oil level was about 500ml too high. I also got a discount on the KTM expandable tail pack ($220?RRP) but found it has to be strapped to the bike. Was hoping to strap it to the pillion seat and be able to remove the seat + pack but it doesn’t work. You may find a generic tail pack actually works better.

These are all minor annoyances - I couldn’t be happier with this bike.

Tom in Sydney

·
Registered
435 Posts
I picked up a Procycles demo for $12.5K in jan with about 1800km on it. At that time I think new were around $16K RA. It was annoying to find the recall hadn’t been done (rear subframe bolts) and the oil level was about 500ml too high. I also got a discount on the KTM expandable tail pack ($220?RRP) but found it has to be strapped to the bike. Was hoping to strap it to the pillion seat and be able to remove the seat + pack but it doesn’t work. You may find a generic tail pack actually works better.

These are all minor annoyances - I couldn’t be happier with this bike.

Tom in Sydney
Is it the same expandable seat bag as this, its designed for the 1290GT, it fits perfectly on the GT seat, but not such a good fit on the 790. handy bag tho, can fit a helmet in it if needed, also carried a dozen beer, but it was a little scary going around a corner.

Attachments

·
Registered
30 Posts
20F85FB5-4BA9-4B39-98B6-80B95D629A04.jpg

Mines a little bigger and has an expandable main bag. I looks like Marge Simpson’s hairstyle
when it’s full

Tom in Sydney

·
Registered
10 Posts
On the road price went down quite a bit on new bikes. $12k on the road for fresh out of crate. Thinking KTM Australia is just getting rid of whatever's left from the 2018 builds still at the warehouse.

·
a d m i n .
151,147 Posts
On the road price went down quite a bit on new bikes. $12k on the road for fresh out of crate. Thinking KTM Australia is just getting rid of whatever's left from the 2018 builds still at the warehouse.

Welcome from the land of 0z! Didja buy a 790D? :smile_big:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Welcome from the land of 0z! Didja buy a 790D? :smile_big:
You know it.

Already with SW-Motech side bag, exhaust bracket (to be installed), and non-functioning gear indicator (thanks pre-delivery dealer prep....).

Need to find seat cowl, maybe tail tidy (potential clearance issue with the side rack?)

·
a d m i n .
151,147 Posts
You know it.

Already with SW-Motech side bag, exhaust bracket (to be installed), and non-functioning gear indicator (thanks pre-delivery dealer prep....).

Need to find seat cowl, maybe tail tidy (potential clearance issue with the side rack?)
Outstanding & congratulations! :smile_big:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts