KTM 790 Duke Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone in Australia had any luck with getting an akra map loaded onto their duke 890? Specifically in victoria. I've installed a De-cat and it's great, but I'm trying to get the akra map to richen up the fuel mixture and preserve warranty. I've called 3 KTM dealers in my state, one has no idea what i'm talking about, the other says they only have the map for the 790 duke and the third told me to try and get it from a dyno tuner who offers the duke akra map.

Other people i've spoken to through social media have all said that their local ktm dealer just loaded the map with no fuss. Is this just an Australia thing?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They should have the option when they plug in the dealer tool.
I would've thought the same thing too, I'm not sure why it seems to feel like trying to pull teeth out of these dealers, but they either seem like they don't know what it is at all, or they're just reluctant to do it for whatever reason.
Have you had it done in Australia at all?

·
Registered
599 Posts
I would've thought the same thing too, I'm not sure why it seems to feel like trying to pull teeth out of these dealers, but they either seem like they don't know what it is at all, or they're just reluctant to do it for whatever reason.
Have you had it done in Australia at all?
Doesn't surprise me at all, most dealers I have dealt with here know almost nothing about the electronics side. I haven't done it myself but I do know they order enablement codes via the diagnostics tablet.

Join the Aussie Facebook group and ask, pretty sure a few have done it in there. I'll approve your membership

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Doesn't surprise me at all, most dealers I have dealt with here know almost nothing about the electronics side. I haven't done it myself but I do know they order enablement codes via the diagnostics tablet.

Join the Aussie Facebook group and ask, pretty sure a few have done it in there. I'll approve your membership
Awesome! Thanks a lot, I didn't even know there was an Aussie Facebook group haha

1 - 5 of 5 Posts