KTM 790 Duke Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Registered
2020 790 Duke
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A couple of days before I bought my 790, I put my Aprilia Dorsoduro 750 up for sale.

I sent it down the road this evening.

Registration, insurance, and maintenance costs just went down.

Now I have more room in the garage too.

Little Duke has a big smile on it's face cuz it has total reign of the garage now.

It's always a good feeling when your wallet gets fatter and you sign over the pink.

Life is good.

Registered
2020 790 Duke
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I thought I recognized your Hawkerjet moniker from the Aprilia forum! I had a Shiver 750 before my 790 Duke. That was a really enjoyable bike too.
Yep It's me. The Dorso was a really fun bike but was just too tall. I love the Duke cuz I can flat foot it.

I would imagine the ground was closer on that Shiver too.

Registered
Yep It's me. The Dorso was a really fun bike but was just too tall. I love the Duke cuz I can flat foot it. I would imagine the ground was closer on that Shiver too.
Yeah, the Dorsoduro is pretty tall, certainly taller than the Shiver. At 6'2, seat height fortunately isn't an issue for me. And I find the 790 fits me like a glove! (The Shiver did too.)

Registered
2020 790 Duke
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, the Dorsoduro is pretty tall, certainly taller than the Shiver. At 6'2, seat height fortunately isn't an issue for me. And I find the 790 fits me like a glove! (The Shiver did too.)
I'm at around 5' 9" and the Dorso had me on my tippy toes. Came close to tipping over a couple of times, not fun.

I absolutely love the 790. I can flat foot it and it is so easy to push around in the garage.

Not to mention fuel range about 70 miles further on a tank. And the tank is metal, not plastic like the Dorso. Plus I have a fuel gauge, OAT, and gear indicator once again!

Registered
Put me down for having owned a Dorsoduro as well. With the Akrapovic pipe that motor sounded divine! But such a tall bike and heavy-ish, wearing the weight high as well. Mine met its demise when cutoff by a car some years back.

Registered
2020 790 Duke
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Put me down for having owned a Dorsoduro as well. With the Akrapovic pipe that motor sounded divine! But such a tall bike and heavy-ish, wearing the weight high as well. Mine met its demise when cutoff by a car some years back.
Amen on the fantastic exhaust sound. Even the stock setup sounded great.

Registered
Not to mention fuel range about 70 miles further on a tank. And the tank is metal, not plastic like the Dorso. Plus I have a fuel gauge, OAT, and gear indicator once again!
Yep, the 790 is very economical, compared with the 750 V-Twin! That thing was thirsty. And I'd forgotten about the swelling plastic tank issue! Fortunately, I bought the Shiver new, and only ever used ethanol-free gas, so it wasn't an issue for me.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.