KTM 790 Duke Forum banner

Anyone install TPMS?

17K views 47 replies 11 participants last post by  calkhoo29 
#1 ·
I'm thinking I'd like a warning when a nail or screw, e.t.c. punctured my tire as its been invaluable on other bikes for me. Any recommendations on a TPMS that you guys are using and feel will promptly notify or display pressure changes allowing rider to pull over, plug, and inflate tire. I have concerns that the valve stem screw on devices that attach without breaking bread on tire may not be as accurate. But I hope some of you would have a different opinion or experience as this option may be cheaper. Regards.

G
#3 ·
Tellem-

I will be adding the KTM TPMS on my first full (front back) tire change. I have had the Garmin setup (need compatible GPS device) on a previous bike (a 2006 Goldwing) and really liked it. I know there are also dedicated TPMS setups available but I am going to give the KTM one a shot.

#5 ·
ok, I didn't realize the 790 would display the tire pressure values and low pressure is possiblealarmwarning on the TFT. IS that what your're saying.? Is it just a software unlock, TPMS install, then programming to learn the TPMS, and then on your way. Or do you need an intermediary device, like "AZMtotorgod" posted above concerning the Garmin?

#8 ·
Hey guys,
I've just received the KTM TPMS:

Had a couple questions:
How does the receiver install? Where does it go, what does it plug in to?
Does the dealer need to activate this in software as they do with cruise control, etc.?
Thanks,
-John

#23 ·
Okay. I'd like low to be 29 so not coming on for occasional track day. I typically run cold on street 33/34 so before I pay dealer to activate my sensors if minimum cannot be set to 32 or 29 then no need to waste my money if less say minimum is 35 or 36 cold which I will not run brick hard pressures

#24 ·
Hey. I have PowerParts TPMS installed, but something is not right with the displayed values.
I checked manually the front and rear tyre pressure at home and at a gas station (home and gas station was the same, I added 0,4 bar to the front a, but the TPMS reads about 0,5 bar (~7-8 Psi) less. Got the low tire pressure front/back error. Is the system needs time to calibrate itself, or does it calibrated at the factory? Could anyone have the same issue?

#25 ·
I installed mine myself but my diagnostic system is not the KTM one the dealers use. Mine reads 1-2 PSI different than my tyre gauge.

I had to run through a procedure to completely deflate the the tyre from at least 2 BAR but that is it for 'calibration'. My pressure warning thresholds aren't working and set to weird values. My system cant seem to change them yet..

All that said, the sensors should not require calibration as I have a sensors scanner which reads the pressure and temp for sensors independently from the bike's module. My sensors were fine.

Doesn't really answer your question as such though sorry

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.