KTM 790 Duke Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking I'd like a warning when a nail or screw, e.t.c. punctured my tire as its been invaluable on other bikes for me. Any recommendations on a TPMS that you guys are using and feel will promptly notify or display pressure changes allowing rider to pull over, plug, and inflate tire. I have concerns that the valve stem screw on devices that attach without breaking bread on tire may not be as accurate. But I hope some of you would have a different opinion or experience as this option may be cheaper. Regards.

·
Premium Member
101 Posts
Tellem-

I will be adding the KTM TPMS on my first full (front back) tire change. I have had the Garmin setup (need compatible GPS device) on a previous bike (a 2006 Goldwing) and really liked it. I know there are also dedicated TPMS setups available but I am going to give the KTM one a shot.

·
Registered
833 Posts
If I were going to install TPMS onto a 790Duke - And I have considered the idea as a "maybe" when it comes time to change tyres. Then I'd fit the KTM version as it all then integrates. No extra little dashes etc.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok, I didn't realize the 790 would display the tire pressure values and low pressure is possiblealarmwarning on the TFT. IS that what your're saying.? Is it just a software unlock, TPMS install, then programming to learn the TPMS, and then on your way. Or do you need an intermediary device, like "AZMtotorgod" posted above concerning the Garmin?

·
Registered
179 Posts
ok, I didn't realize the 790 would display the tire pressure values and low pressure is possiblealarmwarning on the TFT. IS that what your're saying.? Is it just a software unlock, TPMS install, then programming to learn the TPMS, and then on your way. Or do you need an intermediary device, like "AZMtotorgod" posted above concerning the Garmin?
It integrates fully into the display - you can read about it in the 790 owner's manual:
  • Page 66 - set the units (PSI / Bar)
  • Page 71 - configure warnings (too high, too low, on, off)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It integrates fully into the display - you can read about it in the 790 owner's manual:
  • Page 66 - set the units (PSI / Bar)
  • Page 71 - configure warnings (too high, too low, on, off)
Appreciate you! I'll take a look

1 - 7 of 7 Posts