KTM 790 Duke Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Out for a somewhat chilly ride this morning and comparing the outside temperature reading on my dash with my mates bmw...
Then the question - where is the sensor mounted on the Duke as mine was reading 1 to 2 degrees higher than the bmw?
Anyone know?
Cheers

·
Registered
11 Posts
Out for a somewhat chilly ride this morning and comparing the outside temperature reading on my dash with my mates bmw...
Then the question - where is the sensor mounted on the Duke as mine was reading 1 to 2 degrees higher than the bmw?
Anyone know?
Cheers
I thought it was on the underside of the TFT display. I could be wrong.

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
tbh - I am not sure whether the TEMP displayed is from the ECU or directly from the dash unit. tbh I don't look often as the numbers are so damn small I cannot see them without reading glasses.

The ambient air temp sensor used by the engine management IS under the seat on the airbox.

The dash does contain quite a lot of ancillary electronics (it's not just a dash) - would not surprise me at all if there is a sensor in there too.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Also not sure where it is on our bikes, but ambient temp sensor is normally open to atmosphere. I assumed sensor in air box was only air intake temp sensor but questioned that when I realised Boosterplug added an extra sensor open to atmosphere. So maybe the one in Air box does both and is why boosterplug seperates their modified signal?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts