KTM 790 Duke Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi from Spain!

After one year riding and upgrading my Duke, it is almost finished.
Why not the R? There was no stock when I bought it, and I wanted it for the 2021 summer holidays.
I ended upgrading the supsension with adjestuble aftermarket WP.
The main reason for buying this bike was its weigh vs competitors, but I wanted it lighter, so last change has been Rotobox wheels.
Rims, Disc, sprocket carrier and aluminium rear sprocket saved over 7,25 Kg. Aliminium sprocket will not last so much, but it was included with the Rotobox wheels.

Rear footpegs are from Aliexpress, I was not sure if Gilles system could offer same adjust than the KTM optional set. It's true it is really fast to change the position of the pegs, but when you move the footpegs, the position of brake and gear levers stay in the same postion, and it is more complicate to put them where I'd like. The quality is not bad at all...
Handlebar, levers and rear license plate are from KTM.
Mirrors and rear seat cover also from Aliexpress.
Exhaust system is stock, yes, I know it is one of the first parts that people change, but I like a lot the design, and I don't like too much the aftermarkets avaible for street use. Maybe HP Corse Evoxtrem.... and titanium headers save more weight than a tail pipe.
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive tire
Fuel tank Tire Wheel Automotive tire Automotive lighting
Wheel Tire Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive lighting

·
Registered
55 Posts
Pretty slick. I like my GP a lot. I went with an IXIL slip-on and saved weight from the big banana..
Wheel Tire Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive fuel system

Reactions: Fred71530

·
Registered
86 Posts
@zemol74 absoluely beautiful bike and rims, I have the same KTM tail tady and also agree the that original slip-on design looks great, esp. from the side. But weight wise you could save a lot with a slip on and a lithium battery if you haven't changed it yet, might be near 5kg (which I did). Really like the ktm frame cap covers, was thinking of getting them but I though they'd be better in black on the R.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
@zemol74 absoluely beautiful bike and rims, I have the same KTM tail tady and also agree the that original slip-on design looks great, esp. from the side. But weight wise you could save a lot with a slip on and a lithium battery if you haven't changed it yet, might be near 5kg (which I did). Really like the ktm frame cap covers, was thinking of getting them but I though they'd be better in black on the R.
Thanks.
Yes I have a lithium battery, cheapest weight saving. For the frame cap covers I ordered them with the bike...after 4 months waiting for them, the shop gave me ones that were mounted on a show bike.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Could you check if the orange bar has the same geometry of the stock 890? I purchased my bike with the orange bar but later swapped for the more aggressive 890R bar. But people have said the orange is also different from the 790/890 non-R stock bar.

Thanks!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Did you install the Coober LM with the Cat on, how do you find it?
Smoother running engine. I did a 20 minute idle relearn after I installed my K&N filter. Cat still in. 5k RPM flat spot Gone. Acceleration? - Pulls like a train! HOLD ON.

·
Registered
23 Posts
In the third picture what product is above your headlight covering your instruments??

Thank you

Hi from Spain!

After one year riding and upgrading my Duke, it is almost finished.
Why not the R? There was no stock when I bought it, and I wanted it for the 2021 summer holidays.
I ended upgrading the supsension with adjestuble aftermarket WP.
The main reason for buying this bike was its weigh vs competitors, but I wanted it lighter, so last change has been Rotobox wheels.
Rims, Disc, sprocket carrier and aluminium rear sprocket saved over 7,25 Kg. Aliminium sprocket will not last so much, but it was included with the Rotobox wheels.

Rear footpegs are from Aliexpress, I was not sure if Gilles system could offer same adjust than the KTM optional set. It's true it is really fast to change the position of the pegs, but when you move the footpegs, the position of brake and gear levers stay in the same postion, and it is more complicate to put them where I'd like. The quality is not bad at all...
Handlebar, levers and rear license plate are from KTM.
Mirrors and rear seat cover also from Aliexpress.
Exhaust system is stock, yes, I know it is one of the first parts that people change, but I like a lot the design, and I don't like too much the aftermarkets avaible for street use. Maybe HP Corse Evoxtrem.... and titanium headers save more weight than a tail pipe.
View attachment 9708 View attachment 9709 View attachment 9710

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Could you check if the orange bar has the same geometry of the stock 890? I purchased my bike with the orange bar but later swapped for the more aggressive 890R bar. But people have said the orange is also different from the 790/890 non-R stock bar.

Thanks!
I have not tried the stock 890 black bar. Hard to see with one mounted and the other not. Black looks a little bit more angled rearward and maybe 1cm shorter, but as said not tried. I ordered the bike with it as it was supposed to be more aggressive...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts