KTM 790 Duke Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took a chance and ordered a set of Aliexpress titanium alloy headers listed for the 790 Adventure. I only purchased as I got fed up cleaning the rusty standard headers. Arrived pretty quickly, quality seems pretty good and no fitment issues at all.

·
Registered
2020 KTM Duke, '72 Norton Commando, '62 BSA C-15, '82 Suzuki PE 175
194 Posts
WOW! Those look GREAT! Pretty big ri$k assuming it would fit on the Duke as well.
What do you estimate the weight savings to be or do you know?
That's not a cat-delete system is it?
Are you also using a Ti slip on?
Bottoms Up!

·
Registered
140 Posts
Looks nice. I had been eyeing a set too. I recently got burned by a vendor on Aliexpress so a little hesitant on more expensive purchases now. Can you share the vendor you used?

·
Registered
194 Posts
Looks nice. I had been eyeing a set too. I recently got burned by a vendor on Aliexpress so a little hesitant on more expensive purchases now. Can you share the vendor you used?
Try this.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Hey Matt!
Have you put many miles on with those new headers? Have they made a positive effect? How much weight savings did you realize?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I've only put 100 miles on with the new headers and no issues so far. Cant say I've noticed any performance gain but im still running the cat so wasn't expecting anything. A good bit lighter than the stock header. Unfortunately I didnt think to weigh them. The pipes have started to go a lovely purple colour. Pretty impressed for the price. The pic below was after only 10 miles. They are looking even nicer now

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The vendor I used has sold out at the minute but is due to get more into stock.
Also the ebay link posted above is a different header. It sits in a different position compared to stock, appears to hang under the bike instead of running in the stock position

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
They are looking even nicer now
Pictures or it aint so.

Can I ask Matt - how bad was your OEM header rusting? - I ask as mine isn't, but I do live somewhere predominantly dry and also COVID kept me inside for much of this winter.

Other than weight - I cannot find any real benefit. Other than it looks pretty.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My original headers rusted so quickly as I had been riding in all weathers through the glorious British winter with the roads being gritted etc. Getting home after work late at night I didnt always have time to clean the bike. I only purchased the headers as I knew they would eliminate the rust issue.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I didnt weigh them unfortunately but a decent weight saving if that's what your after. I bought based purely on aesthetics

1 - 12 of 12 Posts