KTM 790 Duke Forum banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
I cannot talk about the 390 Duke, but my understanding of the 790 & 890 Duke is that they do not use the immobiliser built in to the plug in alarm, the bike already has an immobilser system which works based on the proximity of the ignition key, therefore if you put the key in the ignition of a 790 or 890 Duke you will turn off the immobiliser and allow the bike to start.

Neither of my 790 or 890 Dukes have had a flashing LED on the display, which is a bit annoying, on my 890 I have connected up the LED that came with the alarm, so at least I can now see when the alarm is armed.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
I was told that without reprogramming this alarm isn't doing much. Passive arming of the immobiliser is basically its function until you have it "remapped" it. All mine would do was sound the alarm when the ignition was turned on. I could move and rock the bike and it didn't go off.
You can remove passive arming altogether, have passive arming enable tilt/knock functions or have passive turn off and all the functions enabled via the press of a button but those options seem to require reprogramming, PRG007 is what people seem to use.
The only time I could get the alarm to sound when moving the bike was to press the panic button and then turn off the alarm via the smaller button, at that point the alarm would beep once and the tilt sensor was active/enabled.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Unless you have connected up the LED so you can see when the alarm is armed, when you think you are arming the alarm you are probably actually disarming it, which is why you can move the bike without setting the siren off.

When you arm the alarm the indicators flash twice, and flash once when you disarm it, so you can tell whether you are turning it on or off. The one setting you can change on the alarm without the programmer is to turn on the beeps when you arm and disarm it, which helps to tell whether the alarm is being armed or not.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts