KTM 790 Duke Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just fitted my slip on today. No baffle in, and I think it is still very quiet. I cannot imagine how the exhaust would sound with the baffle. May have to look at the de-cat. I used to run my VFR800 with a fully open exhaust (Staintune) - the bike just roared when you gave it the berries, still OK on small throttle. Just wondering what the 790 will be like?

Attachments

·
Registered
63 Posts
I don’t think it’s much different with DB killers in or out as most of the noise restriction is taken care of by the cat. There’s a good comparison vid on Ytube which confirms the differences or lack of them! Of course if you decat then you’ll also need to remap and you may as well mod air box and filter to complete the job. I’ve done this with my Multi with excellent results. I also fitted Stainetune headers and Termi silencers
opened up air-box a little, k&n racing filter and a race ecu all set up on a rolling road. And hearing it going up thru the gears I couldn’t believe it was my bike! Unfortunately we don’t actually hear it quite the same while we are riding and I’m not so sure Joe public totally appreciates it!

·
Super-Moderator
578 Posts
...Unfortunately we don’t actually hear it quite the same while we are riding and I’m not so sure Joe public totally appreciates it!
One of the important reasons why motorcyclists are so highly regarded as role model citizens :wink:

Maybe you should just take out the ear plugs... Or is this another thread...

·
Registered
189 Posts
The Akra slip on with the baffle in sounds almost quieter than the stock pipe to my ears. I had removed the baffle from my Akra before it was even installed and I re-installed it for a ride just to see how it was. I'd be interested in what a decat would sound like with the baffle in though.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts