KTM 790 Duke Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone here run their 790 with a linkpipe and no mapping. I'm going to fit mine but the Akra mapping is not available yet, at least not here in Belgium. I read somewhere that it would not be necessary with a long exhaust and a midpipe with enough backpressure. The Aroww midpipe seems to be bigger and more expencive than all the others so I guess there is some kind of backpressure system integrated but not sure...

·
Registered
78 Posts
I think that decat pipe is a straight through pipe with sound-deadening around it.
Similar to the 1290 Duke R Akrapovic Evoline.

i wouldn´t run that without a map.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Fitted it and took it for 50 km spin (after calling my friend / KTM Technician). He said it's no problem to ride it like that but ist better to map it. He will call me when the Akra map for the evo line is available and then i'll do it. The sound with the Akra muffler and no baffle is deafening. I felt some power loss in the low rpm's but not that much as what I expected. The shokking in 2nd gear at low speeds is gone, that surprised me. Removing the cat and placing the new took about an hour and is pretty easy (with the right tools).

Attachments

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mapping is scheduled for next tuesday. Should gain aprox. 10 %. In July I will install the air module kit like they do on the sdr. Available on July 10th for the 790. Running it without just makes it pop (even) more but doesn't do any harm to the engine.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Does it make any difference what slip-on one uses?
Doesn’t any slip-on + arrow decat+ Acra map work aswell?
Cheers!
Yes it does but you'll always get better results with a long type exhaust like the Akra. And looks better too in my opinion but that's just me 😉

1 - 8 of 8 Posts