KTM 790 Duke Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had the full Akrapovic Evo exhaust system installed on my 790 last weekend and what better way to break it in then a trackday. Every session it increasingly got more color and it sounds amazing of course. The bike feels a lot better in the mid range as well.

Attachments

·
Super-Moderator
'20 890R
447 Posts
ORP, PIR, T-Hill, or The Ridge?

What exactly do you mean by "feels a lot better in the midrange" given there's no power difference unless you add a PCV and tune - if so, whats he dyno say about the changes?

BTW love those rearsets!

·
Registered
284 Posts
I had the full Akrapovic Evo exhaust system installed on my 790 last weekend and what better way to break it in then a trackday. Every session it increasingly got more color and it sounds amazing of course. The bike feels a lot better in the mid range as well.
Add a pcv and custom map it’ll be better still.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ORP, PIR, T-Hill, or The Ridge?

What exactly do you mean by "feels a lot better in the midrange" given there's no power difference unless you add a PCV and tune - if so, whats he dyno say about the changes?

BTW love those rearsets!

It was a PIR trackday, I was prepping for the race weekend and blew my racebike up in the first session.That gave me the opportunity to ride the 790 the rest of the day.

There is quite a difference with the Akra map installed, I plan on getting a PCV once Rottweiler releases their intake system.

Thank you, they were the first thing to go on before I even rode it.

·
Super-Moderator
'20 890R
447 Posts
It was a PIR trackday, I was prepping for the race weekend and blew my racebike up in the first session.That gave me the opportunity to ride the 790 the rest of the day. I did a Pridmore school there around 9 years ago while still a Novice with WMRRA - wet both days and had the distinct pleasure of experiencing my one and only highside as I tipped into the first left, T3 maybe? Fast track and love Portland so otherwise a fun time. :)

There is quite a difference with the Akra map installed, I plan on getting a PCV once Rottweiler releases their intake system. Rottweiler are working on an air intake? NICE! Please keep us posted once this happens and I'm sure they'll offer packages with the intake, PCV, exhaust - that'd be cool, love to see what gains can be had.

Thank you, they were the first thing to go on before I even rode it.
Thanks for the update!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Dang that full exhaust looks hot!... Love the colour! I'm saving up to get the full Akra too but it's going to take a while lol :)

·
Registered
41 Posts
Can you please give your feedback about the low speed behaviour of your bike with full akra and map?

With stock is rubbish. I am thinking about getting an EVO line too but if it gets worst than stock... I have to re think!

·
Registered
96 Posts
EVO is for race only, it sucks to drive daily. Almost everyone i know sold the EVO again after few days. Also there is no power gain at all, only on extreme hot engine.

The airbox, based on the K&N setup from the austrian company is actually the best you can get for the 790 duke, but it is really loud

·
Registered
284 Posts
EVO is for race only, it sucks to drive daily. Almost everyone i know sold the EVO again after few days. Also there is no power gain at all, only on extreme hot engine.

The airbox, based on the K&N setup from the austrian company is actually the best you can get for the 790 duke, but it is really loud
You must be on a wind up surely with some of the stuff you’re posting.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts