KTM 790 Duke Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought I was a bad azsx yesterday so I decided to "show off". The tire was cold but I wasn't thinking about it at the time so I gave it a handful of throttle mid corner from a right turn. The tire broke lose , and if it wasn't for the electronics helping me, I'm 100% sure that I would have completed a low side crash.

Two lessons learned:
1. Don't ride like an idiot!
2. Thank you 790!

·
Registered
309 Posts
Ain't technology grand? I'm waiting for when they can electronically save front end slides.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I'm not kidding when I say that this 790 Duke is the best bike I've ever ridden. I'm an off-road guy, and this bike feels like a dirt bike with regards to ergos.

My personal ranking of bikes that I've ridden:

1. 790 Duke
2. FZ-07
3. G310R
4. 1990 GSXR-750 & ZX-7
5. 1989 FZR-600R
6. SV650
10. (Bikes that I will never ride again) GSXR-750 (last 10 years), Ducati 748, Ducati 999 THESE ARE HEAVY & NOT FUN. BACK and WRISTS BREAKERS

·
Registered
181 Posts
I'm not kidding when I say that this 790 Duke is the best bike I've ever ridden. I'm an off-road guy, and this bike feels like a dirt bike with regards to ergos.
My DR650 is pretty well sorted for a dual sport, I thought it felt quite agile on the street at normal speeds. Even with a Seat Concepts seat I'd get iron butt at around 6 hours on-road and it would quickly worsen into my lower back. Riding it now after months of 790, it feels like a freighter. The 790 I can ride all day.

I've only had TC kick on once. Passing in the rain at WOT the rear found a tar snake. The TC didn't do anything abrupt, it cut just enough throttle to grip back up and I continued my pass. I was expecting a dumb 3-second throttle chop like my car does.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Can I try this in Street/Sport mode without risking getting it away from me? Can I pop the clutch and not fear of doing it too much? Dropping a dirt bike is one thing but dropping a street bike is painful to watch.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Can I try this in Street/Sport mode without risking getting it away from me? Can I pop the clutch and not fear of doing it too much? Dropping a dirt bike is one thing but dropping a street bike is painful to watch.

You can only pull wheelies like that with the anti-wheelie turned off in Track mode. You can have Street or Sport throttle response in Track mode if you like but with anti-wheelie off, she'll go allllll the way back so be careful!

·
Registered
1 Posts
You can only pull wheelies like that with the anti-wheelie turned off in Track mode. You can have Street or Sport throttle response in Track mode if you like but with anti-wheelie off, she'll go allllll the way back so be careful!
Is anti-wheelie on in all modes?
No way, i did not know anti-wheelie is always on and can only be turned off in Track mode. Thx:surprise:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts