KTM 790 Duke Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
VIP member
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are people using for aftermarket mirrors? I like the look of bar end mirrors, but I don’t think they would be practical for lane sharing here in CA.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I use Highsider Victory bar end mirrors. It's the same mirror KTM sells, just different branding and more angular arm. KTM's is more of a curve. Also they are way cheaper.
I know what you mean about bar end mirrors not being the best for lane splitting - they make the bike couple cm wider. I almost never do lane splitting so I don't notice this at all. The benefit, is that I can see the road much better, rather than just my elbows. Also they reflect everything is a bit smaller, giving more view angle.

·
VIP member
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks. Since I live in LA, I can’t hang the mirrors off then end like that. I’d never fit between the cars!

·
Registered
118 Posts
I'm thinking the mirrors off a 1290 Super Duke R might be a good option - personally I don't prefer the bar ends and yes the OEM mirrors are a bit cheesy - the 1290 mirrors are better looking and one can see out of them well - i/m guessing the threads are the same If any of you all have information I'd appreciate that - thanks

·
Registered
19 Posts
Posted this on another forum earlier today:😁
Just an update on these (raximo) mirrors if anyone is interested....
Had a good chance to play about with them today in various positions will riding, and although they look smarter hanging down, this is probably the best position (IMO) for rear vision functionality, and traffic filtering......😁
Hanging down I found them quite frustrating to use, and you have to keep adjusting your body to see anything....and taking your eye off the VP if you’re moving swiftly along to look down, I found it messed with my brain trying to switch from low to forward vision too often.....
There is a bit of vibration in the mirrors themselves at higher speeds, but I kinda expected that, as they are fixed onto the end of the widest point of the bike....but having said that, they are brilliant in their multi adjustable design, so should suit most rider sizes, and for me, having set them up, you can pick out cars and objects behind you quite clearly, and most importantly still pick out a 👮‍♀️ 🚔......🤣

Also interestingly they add a little weight to the bar ends, which seems to have made the handling of the bike smoother when tipping in and less flighty on the front if you’re on a bumpy surface or just nailing it from the off...👀😁 but I’m still playing about at the moment....
I don’t really write this sort of stuff, but I know people have been asking questions about types of mirrors, and in the short period I’ve had them, so far they get a thumbs up 👍 from me....seem good quality as well...😁
Stay safe 790’ers 🏍💨

Attachments

·
Registered
54 Posts
I bought a pair of Rizoma Elisse replicas, but didn’t liked the blue tint of the glass so I sold them.

Now ordered another replica with glass yellowish, like the original.

I can’t find logic in buying the original ones for 300$, when the identical replica costed me 30$.

The problem is that I wanted the higher adapter, so I had to order the original brackets, that were 30$ a piece, so twice more expensive than the mirrors 😂

·
VIP member
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
They are called Highsider Victory-X. I'd like to get the plain Victory style, which is smooth like the PP, but I can't find them in pairs.

·
Super-Moderator
716 Posts
The KTM bar end mirrors work well. Took some time to get them pointed in the right direction and get some rear-view visibility but once it is done they are good. I have the arm basically pointing down. Got it to the rear most position before mirrors touch the fuel tank when the bar is turned all the way (left/right).

Make sure to apply loctite to the small bolts, as they might get loose. In addition, make sure to tighten the middle bolt so the setup doesn't move. 850 miles later, still working great and did not move.

·
Registered
16 Posts
The KTM bar end mirrors work well. Took some time to get them pointed in the right direction and get some rear-view visibility but once it is done they are good. I have the arm basically pointing down. Got it to the rear most position before mirrors touch the fuel tank when the bar is turned all the way (left/right).

Make sure to apply loctite to the small bolts, as they might get loose. In addition, make sure to tighten the middle bolt so the setup doesn't move. 850 miles later, still working great and did not move.
Thanks for sharing, send a pic if you can please, I am thinking about them as well.

·
Registered
362 Posts
What are people using for aftermarket mirrors? I like the look of bar end mirrors, but I don’t think they would be practical for lane sharing here in CA.
Correct, they are terrible for lane splitting/filtering. I had a set on, first upright which sits exactly the same height are car mirrors, and then downward, better but very far out of your normal field of view which is a bit unsettling, especially in heavy traffic.

For sale here

I gave up and ending up getting the rizoma tomok, they’re small but functional and fold which is important, they also don’t look half bad imo

·
Registered
30 Posts
I use Highsider Victory bar end mirrors. It's the same mirror KTM sells, just different branding and more angular arm. KTM's is more of a curve. Also they are way cheaper.
I know what you mean about bar end mirrors not being the best for lane splitting - they make the bike couple cm wider. I almost never do lane splitting so I don't notice this at all. The benefit, is that I can see the road much better, rather than just my elbows. Also they reflect everything is a bit smaller, giving more view angle.
I am planning on getting the highsider victory bar end mirrors as well. Do they need any bar end mirror adapters for installation?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I gave up and ending up getting the rizoma tomok, they’re small but functional and fold which is important, they also don’t look half bad imo

I love these but revzilla thinks their mount isn't compatible with the bike. Did you come up against that?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts