KTM 790 Duke Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know why I'm having such a hard time finding a new shift lever for my 2020 890R - I was looking at just buying a full set of rearsets but it's very important I maintain foldable foot pegs (*explanation below), which eliminates any option under $550-600 OTD. So I've been passively looking for a lever for the last year and am about to give up! I find plenty for other models or for the Adventure... but the 790/890 Duke seems to have a black hole in the market, outside of buying an oem lever from the dealer. I might need to suck it up and go that route but if I'm going to spend $40-50 on ONE lever, I was hoping it would add some spice to the aesthetics.

In the meantime, I'm just dealing with a wonky toe peg on my oem shifter. Scraped it to hell 1.5 years ago after hitting a pothole that started a tankslapper which brought me down at 65-70mph.

*Long story, but the short of it is that maneuvering the bike with 1-arm in tight spaces is very difficult if I can't slide it past my legs as the pegs fold up. It's hard for me to load/unload my R3 racebike into my truck/trailer for this reason.

·
Super Moderator
1,906 Posts
Three is another option...

eBay rearsets for ~$150 and a set of folding 8mm pegs (which is pretty much the standard). All together ~$160-$170.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts