KTM 790 Duke Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
a d m i n .
151,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seen posts scattered over the www, (as well as this site), regarding exhaust purchases only to realize they were just too **** loud.

One observation, (and feel free to correct me if I'm wrong), is that swapping out the Cat for a baffle, (of sorts), or a straight pipe, adding on most any slip on other that a Akra, is going to be incredible loud.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Ive removed the CAT, had the KTM remap and...........F***K my bikes LOUD. Ive refitted the stock muffler, this helped reduce sound, but when my Trail tidy turns up I'm going to have to refit the IXIL, i don't want melted indicators. A mate said he would make me a different baffle to see if that helps. Shorty muffles are cool, but by F***K they are loud.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I would only change exhaust if more power were NEEDED (racing), or on some bikes because the stock exhaust were just ridiculously heavy (but then I would still keep it quiet as possible).

·
Registered
368 Posts
I had the Akrapovic slip on with a decat link pipe which although I didn’t think was obnoxiously loud like th AR pipes I’ll probably leave the cat in place next time.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Cat on/short pipe seems to be the ideal setup in my opinion.
I used to run Akra pipe no baffle and it sounded awesome but now with SC Project S1 pipe no baffle it just sounds straight up mean without being obnoxious.
Stock pipe just sounds horrendous after you´ve had a different slip on stuck on.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Cat on/short pipe seems to be the ideal setup in my opinion.
I used to run Akra pipe no baffle and it sounded awesome but now with SC Project S1 pipe no baffle it just sounds straight up mean without being obnoxious.
Stock pipe just sounds horrendous after you´ve had a different slip on stuck on.
Stock pipe with link pipe and no CAT sounds quite good, but with KTM remap its a little hesitant down low, goes like f**k after 4500 revs, but seems to produce more engine braking off the throttle, and the engine dosn like idling when first started cold, good when hot, Weird.

·
Registered
2018 KTM,790 Duke, 2008 KTM RC8, 2009 Yamaha MT-01, 2008 Buell XB12Scg
178 Posts
IXIL with the cat is what I am running. Great sound without being too loud (IMO).

·
Registered
6 Posts
Scorpion can, extra 3.5bhp on dyno, no remap needed, still with cat. Sounds great with db killer out but not too loud. Why are people spending so much time and trouble on decat and remapping plus insane can prices? Full AR setups over £3k?

·
Registered
435 Posts
Why are people spending so much time and trouble on decat and remapping plus insane can prices? Full AR setups over £3k?
Because it beats spending money on booze and fags (ciggies) ok booze is a good idea when the pipe makes the bike go worse.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Scorpion can, extra 3.5bhp on dyno, no remap needed, still with cat. Sounds great with db killer out but not too loud. Why are people spending so much time and trouble on decat and remapping plus insane can prices? Full AR setups over £3k?
Decat link pipe akra slip on set up with a pcv, night and day difference Ian.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts