KTM 790 Duke Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone come across any aftermarket slip-ons that are compatible with the PP side cases? I've seen some that specifically stated that they are not compatible. I don't know if it's the fitting that's the problem or the heat they generate. Or maybe something else.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Has anyone come across any aftermarket slip-ons that are compatible with the PP side cases? I've seen some that specifically stated that they are not compatible. I don't know if it's the fitting that's the problem or the heat they generate. Or maybe something else.
I would love to see an answer to this thread also...

·
Registered
2,520 Posts
I just put my stock muffler back on when I mount up the bags. Admittedly, I don’t do it very often.
It's also what I'll be doing when traveling with the Mosko-Moto gear. Which, thanks to COVID restrictions, probably means I'll have a different bike for distance before I can.

·
Registered
2020 790 Duke
246 Posts
I'd guess it is a matter of space clearance....

·
Registered
2,520 Posts
The problem is simple. They have to fit inside the heat shield designed for the original exhaust. Or you'd need to try to bend/alter the existing heat shield to fit.

KTM openly state (for example) their Akrapovitch will NOT fit.

Camera accessory Camera lens Camera Sports gear Cameras & optics

And frankly I don't think many KTM 790/890 Duke (esp R) purchasers bother with panniers. Those that do probably need more space. IIRC they are pretty small.
A solo rider will probably go for a seat bag. Or use a seat rack and fit a top case. A two-up rider may find the capacity lacking.
If your plan is to leave the panniers on - Why spend money on a flashy pipe?.

I know it's NOT a Duke - I know - really I know. Something I am coming to terms with is that for DISTANCE with LUGGAGE - a mid-sized ADV is probably what "I" should have.

I have been through the same issue with my luggage choice. I ride with a nice Wings pipe. It's an aesthetic choice. But there's no getting away from the fact that the original pipe has an excellent heat shield. I have looked at all sorts of custom heat management options - But in the end - Like @EvansB2 - with luggage I'll use the OEM pipe.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.