KTM 790 Duke Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At least one of my front discs is warped and bike now three weeks out of warranty (done 4200 miles). I need new discs but clearly there are problems with KTM discs as Web seems have a lot of info re warping. I rang EBC and they said they not do discs for the 790. I do not want to buy discs from abroad as I’ve been burnt before when items are seized by Customs and large fees are demanded to release the item. Can anyone help with my best options from a UK supplier please? Thanks

·
Registered
22 Posts
I think EBC do them. I have their HH pads in my standard KTM discs and am happy with the results.
There's also Galfer and Braking Wave - try Demon Tweeks if you get no joy going direct.

TBH I'd contact KTM to see if they'll replace them under warranty as it's a known and common problem

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have tried the warranty route as only weeks out of warranty but the Dealer basically did not want to know. I could push it and insist on a referral to KTM but I do not think I will get anywhere.... I spoke to EBC themselves as their website did not show discs and I wondered if that was an error but they said they dont do discs for 790 (lots of pads though). Thanks very much for the info I will try the ones you suggest 👍🏻

·
a d m i n .
151,011 Posts
Too many people have talked about warping rotors on their 790D’s. I personally would work KTM for a resolution.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
If you want to stick with 300mm discs then Galfer (Made in Spain) are pretty much the best option. They make the KTM Power Parts discs.

Galfer launched their NEW CUBIQ disc pattern on the 790. Just saying. It is designed (they say) to shed heat.

·
Registered
97 Posts
IMHO Moto-Master flame rotors are rocking. I upgraded mine to 320 mm and they are fantastic. I will admit it makes cleaning wheels much more difficult with 320. Paried with Brembo's and EBC GPFA pads 1 finger braking is all that is needed. USA distributor is Toxic Racing out in Utah, good guy.

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts