KTM 790 Duke Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just gone my first service, is there a reason why the clutch engages way later now?

I know you can adjust the lever pull on the clutch but anyone else get this?

·
Registered
89 Posts
My guess; prior to service you had excessive free play in the clutch lever. They adjusted out the free play and it feels different to you now.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My guess; prior to service you had excessive free play in the clutch lever. They adjusted out the free play and it feels different to you now.
Hmm if there's free play, does the clutch engage earlier or later?

I though it'd be more free play means later engagement? as in you have to let out the clutch lever later for it to engage..?

·
Registered
139 Posts
I feel that clutch engagement is a personal preference. I prefer it to be very sensitive (close?). I think you will have to adjust your clutch to your preference.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yes, I like mine close/sensitive like you, how would I get it to be like that if right now it's not as sensitive (engage point is far)

·
Registered
139 Posts
It's the knob at the end of the clutch lever where the cable begins (not the knob at the clutch lever). I think clock-wise is to make the engagement point closer. Half turn at a time. Use the other knob for adjust the slack of the lever.
It's not broken. Don't worry. :)
It just takes time to find that sweet spot.

I adjust it differently for summer and winter because of the thickness of the gloves.
It's weird. I find that the clutch is more important than the throttle because the clutch modulation can smooth out the bike's drive. I've seen a lot of people don't use the clutch that much. I find it odd.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts