KTM 790 Duke Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Hopefully anyone who adjusted it will have benefitted from preventing it topping out or bottoming out (dependent on their weight). If that didn't work then they probably have changed the shock to change the spring rate. What benefit do you expect?

·
Premium Member
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hopefully anyone who adjusted it will have benefitted from preventing it topping out or bottoming out (dependent on their weight). If that didn't work then they probably have changed the shock to change the spring rate. What benefit do you expect?
I went down two clicks from the standard five clicks. For me it makes the bike stick to the tarmac better with my 150 lbs.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I'm 260 lb I went up three to eight and it seems like it cleaned it up pretty good but I'm no expert by any means

·
Registered
2019 Duke 790
4 Posts
Who has experience adjusting the preload on their 790 and what were the benefits for you?
I just went up a click from 5 to
Who has experience adjusting the preload on their 790 and what were the benefits for you?
I just went from 5 to 6 clicks. I am 180. Unfortunately my only test ride last sunday had to be aborted because of some eye problems. I am about to swap on PP wave rotors and sintered pads that arrived today so won't be able to evaluate for several days till that's done and rain in Seattle stops again. I'll let you know.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts