KTM 790 Duke Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

Registered
2020 790 Duke
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is a hidden gem of a road just north of town. 3 miles of pure adrenalin and joy. A slice of road race heaven. Ran it back and forth about 4 times today.

Having ridden just about all the cool roads with a 200 mile radius I don't know how this sucker remained hidden in plane sight for so long.

Years ago it was a dirt road where I used to hunt ground squirrels. Now it's paved and does a great imitation of a short road course.

While only being 3 miles long it can be a challenge. It starts out with 90 mph sweepers then quickly tightens up to mostly 4th gear corners. Every corner is different and presents you with the challenge of finding the best line. First time I rode it was last week and today makes for the 3rd session. I am starting to get familiar and lap times are coming down.

Chicken strips be damned!

Road Vehicle Asphalt Cycling Tree
Vehicle Road Cycling Asphalt Mountain pass
Road Trail Tree Thoroughfare Infrastructure
Road Vehicle Infrastructure Tree Thoroughfare
Road Highway Asphalt Lane Thoroughfare
Road Highway Asphalt Lane Thoroughfare

Registered
2020 790 Duke
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You need knee sliders for that road 馃檪
I have some younger riding buddies that would be draggin there for sure. I am too much of an old fossil to drag.

At least I still have success removing my chicken strips ;)

Registered
We used to have a few roundabouts in Yorkshire where I got the knee down, it was a bit reckless to be honest, cars coming on and me and a mate tearing around.. I've grown up now, honest officer. I don't ride in knee sliders anymore except when racing.

Registered
2020 790 Duke
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've grown up now, honest officer.
Love it!

The jury is still out deciding on whether I have grown up or not.

Pretty sure there is an 18 year old hooligan hiding inside this 67 year old carcus. He usually makes himself known when I climb on the bike.

Motorcycle Land vehicle Motorcycling Motorcycle racing Motorsport

Premium Member
There is a hidden gem of a road just north of town. 3 miles of pure adrenalin and joy. A slice of road race heaven. Ran it back and forth about 4 times today.

Having ridden just about all the cool roads with a 200 mile radius I don't know how this sucker remained hidden in plane sight for so long.

Years ago it was a dirt road where I used to hunt ground squirrels. Now it's paved and does a great imitation of a short road course.

While only being 3 miles long it can be a challenge. It starts out with 90 mph sweepers then quickly tightens up to mostly 4th gear corners. Every corner is different and presents you with the challenge of finding the best line. First time I rode it was last week and today makes for the 3rd session. I am starting to get familiar and lap times are coming down.

Chicken strips be damned!

View attachment 5804 View attachment 5805 View attachment 5806 View attachment 5807 View attachment 5808 View attachment 5809
Many roads that used to be wagon trails in California especially between the valleys and the ocean are awesome.

Registered
how do you stop mid corner and take these photos! I鈥檓 a reformed Photo nerd, and I can鈥檛 make myself stop and take the cool shots as I鈥檇 rather rip through the twisties!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts