KTM 790 Duke Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Congrats on the new ride! Picking mine up at the end of next week if all goes as planed. Then it is the long wait for the Spring warm weather.

·
Registered
87 Posts
What an ugly bike!

Oh wait, I have on just like it. Congrats on your new ride and welcome to the forum.

It is one of the most fun motorcycles I've ridden. I think it should be mandatory to ride an 890R for people considering the 1290 SDR. There might be a surprising number of people who wouldn't bother spending the extra money.

·
Registered
2020 890 R
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So....

I went To pick my bike up Tuesday afternoon. Paid for it at noon then they said we will run it up and do PDI. It will be ready by 4 pm. 4:30 the dealer says we can’t unlock the bike from KTMs secure database. So its 6:30 in Quebec, they are probably all out eating Poutin and drinking Molson Ale and I am stuck in Calgary for the night.

Next morning my dealer says give me your hotel meal receipts. I will send them to KTM in Quebec along with a Google maps print out showing how far you came to get this bike. (3.5 hrs). I get a call from the dealer at noon. Bikes all unlocked. Come over. No refund on my hotel. BUT. They unlocked EVERYTHING. I get free Race PAC. Free Tech pac. Free Cruise control. Includes Free Quickshift. I had to spend 85 bucks for the handle bar switch assembly
but I’m one happy guy,

·
Registered
86 Posts
So....

I went To pick my bike up Tuesday afternoon. Paid for it at noon then they said we will run it up and do PDI. It will be ready by 4 pm. 4:30 the dealer says we can’t unlock the bike from KTMs secure database. So its 6:30 in Quebec, they are probably all out eating Poutin and drinking Molson Ale and I am stuck in Calgary for the night.

Next morning my dealer says give me your hotel meal receipts. I will send them to KTM in Quebec along with a Google maps print out showing how far you came to get this bike. (3.5 hrs). I get a call from the dealer at noon. Bikes all unlocked. Come over. No refund on my hotel. BUT. They unlocked EVERYTHING. I get free Race PAC. Free Tech pac. Free Cruise control. Includes Free Quickshift. I had to spend 85 bucks for the handle bar switch assembly
but I’m one happy guy,
Poutine is life man!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts