KTM 790 Duke Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! I am waiting for the pandemic to pass for picking up my full spec 890R (full akra w/map, adjustable rearsets, forged orange triple clamps and track electronic package). But the dealer offered me for the same price I have paid an unregistered 2019 1290 SDR with the track pak.
And I think it is for the beeing at home boredom that got me thinking about it.
What are your thoughs? Should I stay with the 890 or go beast mode? Never rode an SDR.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Stay with the 890.

SDR is a great bike but big changes between the 2019 and 2020 model,so maybe not the bargain it's being made out to be.

Plus the SDR is mega overkill for the road.

·
Registered
415 Posts
1290 for the same price, **** yeah, they are insane fun on the road, and they can tour. I had a 1290 for 2 years then got the 1290GT, the 2019 has some great electronics to go with it. If your a small guy go with the 890, if your tall or large get the 1290R and grin from ear to ear.

·
The 'other' Long Islander..
242 Posts
Personal preference here, i'm over the giant liter bikers myself and would stick with the 890. You should at least go sit on one as they are a LOT bigger then the 790/890s. I bought my 790 because of how small and light it felt. In the end it is up to you what you want, either bike is a great bike for the right rider.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Personal preference here, i'm over the giant liter bikers myself and would stick with the 890. You should at least go sit on one as they are a LOT bigger then the 790/890s. I bought my 790 because of how small and light it felt. In the end it is up to you what you want, either bike is a great bike for the right rider.
Exactly the same for me! I love the small and light feeling of my 790.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts