KTM 790 Duke Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys, I got the 6 pin plug for OBD diagnostic, but I couldn’t find the motorcycle diagnostics port under the pillion seat.
Is it somewhere else, or the port is different?
Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive exterior Automotive tire Auto part

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. It seems they have changed the connectors as on my 2016 Duke was different.
does anyone have the pin out of the new connector?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I know, but it seems there are no any other options for a smartphone.

I just want to check for stored error codes, because this week it happened twice the eco to cut out the throttle while driving.

The only dealer near me told me to go for diagnostics in a month ..

·
Registered
37 Posts
If you have the Carly app you can go to the KTM X-Bow and I discovered the code interpretation is the same and will give you more specifics. I created a YT video about it but didn’t get much buzz on the discovery so I never posted it. I tested the code reading and clearing accuracy by pulling fuses and then reading and it was accurate for everything I dared to remove the fuse for!

·
Registered
37 Posts
If you have the Carly app you can go to the KTM X-Bow and I discovered the code interpretation is the same and will give you more specifics. I created a YT video about it but didn’t get much buzz on the discovery so I never posted it. I tested the code reading and clearing accuracy by pulling fuses and then reading and it was accurate for everything I dared to remove the fuse for!
Sorry, that does also require you to plug in the Euro 5 and the universal Carly adapter into that. I am unsure if other readers will function the same but I imagine they will minus the built in interpretations from KTM already stored on that app for the X-Bow

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the idea. I do have Carly. Tomorrow or after tomorrow I will have to take the correct cable and will give it a try.

Generally I will not trust Carly 100% about the errors, because on my car it trows errors for modules which I even don't have installed.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts