KTM 790 Duke Forum banner

121 - 140 of 152 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Just bought an 890 R on Saturday. Unfortunately inclement weather prevented riding Sunday and work kept me from more than just a 20 minute cruise around my neighborhood yesterday. This is my first KTM and parallel twin. Had GSXR's, VFR, Tuono and traded a Duc Hyper SP for the Duke. I'm really pumped to make it mine though I've seen a pic of someone who replaced their 790 with one looking almost exactly as mine will in another week. I am certainly looking forward to some serious hooliganism!

·
Super-Moderator
'20 890R
540 Posts
Any update on the PP heated grips? Can't seem to get a real answer from my local dealer
I'm not sure what update you may be looking for but the PP heated grips unit for the 890R is the same part # as the 790 was - it's about a 40 minute install and uses the same small black controller mounted to the left handle bar with 4 levels of adjustability and gets wired in behind the headlight.
I had them installed a few weeks back - they work great. There was chatter about the 890R having heated grips activated as part of the toggle switches on the left bar however that isn't the case - same unit as the 790 uses.

Hope this clarifies what you're looking for and welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
'20 890R
42 Posts
I'm not sure what update you may be looking for but the PP heated grips unit for the 890R is the same part # as the 790 was - it's about a 40 minute install and uses the same small black controller mounted to the left handle bar with 4 levels of adjustability and gets wired in behind the headlight.
I had them installed a few weeks back - they work great. There was chatter about the 890R having heated grips activated as part of the toggle switches on the left bar however that isn't the case - same unit as the 790 uses.

Hope this clarifies what you're looking for and welcome to the forum!
Thanks, was hoping it was possible to avoid the extra controller.

·
Super-Moderator
'20 890R
540 Posts
Thanks, was hoping it was possible to avoid the extra controller.
We ALL were trust me! LOL....

It's actually an ugly little thing and added wiring with replacement grips that can't be changed once they wear out (grips component costs almost the same as entire new assembly - brutal) so having some sort of built in units would have been nice.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Rizoma corsa front signals with Rizoma plug and play adapters.

View attachment 4281
Thanks for all of this great info!

I'm about to purchase these to install onto my new 890 Duke. How was the install / fitment? Any issues or things to consider?

KTM Duke 790/ Duke 890 Integrated Tail Fender Eliminator - MNNTHBX (hoping for good fit on 890 Duke)

Rizoma Corsa LED turn signal (One, Two, or Three function) - MNNTHBX (The LED indicator option)

Rizoma signal adapters (Plug N Play) for 2019+ KTM 790 Duke - MNNTHBX (For the front signals)

Thanks again !

·
Registered
6 Posts
I also wanted to know:

Are the 790 Duke and 890 Duke fairings interchangeable?

I would like to order black tank fairings and front fender (from 2020 790 Duke) to replace my white piece on my new 890 Duke.

Thanks!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Thanks for all of this great info!

I'm about to purchase these to install onto my new 890 Duke. How was the install / fitment? Any issues or things to consider?

KTM Duke 790/ Duke 890 Integrated Tail Fender Eliminator - MNNTHBX (hoping for good fit on 890 Duke)

Rizoma Corsa LED turn signal (One, Two, or Three function) - MNNTHBX (The LED indicator option)

Rizoma signal adapters (Plug N Play) for 2019+ KTM 790 Duke - MNNTHBX (For the front signals)

Thanks again !
It ain't exactly plug n play, I am "in process" on mine currently.
In addition to what you have, you will need some sort of physical adapter for the front signals. I got the Rizoma ones for the 1290 duke from Revzilla
12 dollar pieces of plastic

If you have simple machining capability it would be easy to whip something up, I didn't want to hassle with it.

The other issue is the proper resistance for the blinkers to work. With what you have, they will just stay on and not blink (at least that's what mine does).

After a bit of searching, it looks like the solution is to use the plug and play adapters on front AND add 21.5 resistors in line in the back.
Successful Rizoma install

I also ordered those from Revzilla, they should be here by Friday
Resistors
(Looks like I may have gotten the last set at RevZilla as they are now out of stock, may be available elsewhere or if you have electrical aptitude you can probably figure something else out)

You also will have to splice a few wires to put everything in the tail together. I left the bike side intact and am using the plug from the stock fender with all the new stuff spliced in, will add the resistors once they get here and hope it works. Because it looks really good (y)

·
Cry Baby
180 Posts
... and all of that to end up with signals that work LESS well to communicate your intentions to other vehicles.

·
Registered
10 Posts
... and all of that to end up with signals that work LESS well to communicate your intentions to other vehicles.
The LEDs are really bright, so hopefully still visible enough.

That said , most of my riding is on backcountry roads with little traffic, if I was commuting on the 890 I would have different priorities I'm sure.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #132
That's an ignorant statement.

The Rizoma turn signals are EXTREMELY bright..

I'm sure you've heard this a time or two in your life, but size doesn't matter...

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #133
It ain't exactly plug n play, I am "in process" on mine currently.
In addition to what you have, you will need some sort of physical adapter for the front signals. I got the Rizoma ones for the 1290 duke from Revzilla
12 dollar pieces of plastic

If you have simple machining capability it would be easy to whip something up, I didn't want to hassle with it.

The other issue is the proper resistance for the blinkers to work. With what you have, they will just stay on and not blink (at least that's what mine does).

After a bit of searching, it looks like the solution is to use the plug and play adapters on front AND add 21.5 resistors in line in the back.
Successful Rizoma install

I also ordered those from Revzilla, they should be here by Friday
Resistors
(Looks like I may have gotten the last set at RevZilla as they are now out of stock, may be available elsewhere or if you have electrical aptitude you can probably figure something else out)

You also will have to splice a few wires to put everything in the tail together. I left the bike side intact and am using the plug from the stock fender with all the new stuff spliced in, will add the resistors once they get here and hope it works. Because it looks really good (y)
I have the resistors finally and will install them shortly and see what happens. My 790 should be sold in the morning as well :)

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #134
I also wanted to know:

I would like to order black tank fairings and front fender (from 2020 790 Duke) to replace my white piece on my new 890 Duke.

Thanks!

Yes. As far as I can tell, only the coolant reservoir cover pieces are different, and they are still interchangeable. They just route the hoses slightly different for better overflow characteristics.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I also wanted to know:

Thanks!
I also wanted to know:

Thanks!
Hi, new here and yes the fairing is interchangeable.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I also wanted to know:

Thanks!
If you really want to go crazy there are lots of goodies here...

Maxicarbon 790/890

I am letting my wallet recupetate for a while after buying bike, ABBA stand, fender eliminator, etc, etc.

Except the stock exhaust still needs to go...

121 - 140 of 152 Posts