KTM 790 Duke Forum banner

21 - 40 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
P.S. I just tried my vin on the site, and got the same 'not recognized' message.

·
Super-Moderator
'20 890R
540 Posts
I wasn't given a certificate, just a "vehicle info sheet" which has NO numbers on it other than the bike's VIN and my info - the KTM international safety and service site won't process the VIN alone without the certificate number - frustrating.

·
Cry Baby
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
I too did not receive a certificate. I got a bill of sale, and a sheet showing warranty terms that seems to show every model KTM makes except the 890R.

KTM (and their dealers) need to clean up their act.

·
Registered
'20 890R
42 Posts
I too did not receive a certificate. I got a bill of sale, and a sheet showing warranty terms that seems to show every model KTM makes except the 890R.

KTM (and their dealers) need to clean up their act.
Not trying to defend KTM, but it seems to me like a dealer issue. Just like with the people not getting their pillion seat.

Have only had positive experiences with my local KTM dealer. Everything have been done by KTM Europe's book.

·
Registered
74 Posts
My VIN checks out just fine on the EU/International site. Maybe there's an issue with the US site?
How about a link for the international site please.

·
a d m i n .
151,084 Posts
I am curious about comparing vin #'s to engine #'s. Should we start a thread for that too?
Feel free to add your full VIN’s & engine numbers to that Last 3 VIN thread, and I’ll edit it, so ya’ll can keep track.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Feel free to add your full VIN’s & engine numbers to that Last 3 VIN thread, and I’ll edit it, so ya’ll can keep track.
I did.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I was told the Motul 7100 10-60 additive package is better than the factory Motrex 10-50 package by someone who looked both up. Do your homework on oil.

·
Registered
155 Posts
My dealer looked up my pre-covid bike (March Delivery) in the system and it is also on the "recall".. It just says to call KTM. I'll ask him about it on Tuesday at dinner :)

·
Registered
'20 890R
19 Posts
Found my delivery certificate in the Service & Warranty book. However, the website just says "VIN or Delivery certificate number not Found".

·
Registered
'20 890R
42 Posts
No official recall on mine when I check my VIN. Local dealer closed for the next 2 weeks due to vacation, so no other way to check until he's back.

You guys who are getting the "recall". Would be nice to know what it's actually about and what the fix is.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I just spoke with my local dealer in South Africa and he checked with the head of the service department. They see no evidence of a recall on their end.

21 - 40 of 77 Posts