KTM 790 Duke Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Call up your dealer and see if it's available yet, the 790 one was pretty cheap when I got it (maybe $20cdn?).

·
Registered
55 Posts
I just bought an 890 from the dealer two days ago and part of my negotiation was that they were required to provide me a factory service manual as part of the deal. Official info below that I was relayed by the dealer from KTM North America

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
We currently don’t offer any service manuals just owners.

Austria terminated the CD repair manuals but are working on a downloadable version.

We still don’t have an ETA on the PDF files but expect them to be available later this summer.

Have a good day,

ANDREW WINFREE
DEALER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

·
Registered
194 Posts
Ah crap, I didn’t go all the way to checkout because I haven’t even taken delivery of my bike yet. My suggestion try another browser or if on a mobile device try a computer. Sometimes forms are shitty on mobile.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Worked for me, I had a local dealer so I picked it, but I was fine to proceed past it. The PDF is watermarked with my contact info so it’s a cheeky way to limit sharing.

·
Registered
439 Posts
I purchased the bundles of both the user and service manuals. $120 I like having the paper manuals when I'm working on the bike. Don't like getting my electronic devices dirty. Yes I know. I could just print out the relevant pages. I'm old school when it comes to books.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Little bummed that there’s no electronic diagnostic information, even though I don’t have a scan tool that can access it. It means that they are hiding a lot of the modern methods of “repairing” one of these bikes.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Little bummed that there’s no electronic diagnostic information, even though I don’t have a scan tool that can access it. It means that they are hiding a lot of the modern methods of “repairing” one of these bikes.
Most dealer diagnostic devices are guided on the screen so that is why it's not written in the manual. I have a Texa Navigator and they have finally released support for the 790. It has a couple issues still but hoping they fix it soon.

I also have the BMW full dealer software at home and can do software updates to my other bike.

·
Registered
194 Posts
I had the Ross-tech VCDS tools for my Audi, and I work in the Automotive aftermarket, so I appreciate having the diagnostic tools to manage the ongoing service of my toys! That Texa navigator is a $$$ tool, doesn't look like there is a service "lite" option for "consumer" use is there?

·
Registered
362 Posts
I had the Ross-tech VCDS tools for my Audi, and I work in the Automotive aftermarket, so I appreciate having the diagnostic tools to manage the ongoing service of my toys! That Texa navigator is a $$$ tool, doesn't look like there is a service "lite" option for "consumer" use is there?
None that I am aware of for this model KTM. There are a couple good tools for BMW i.e. GS911 and Motoscan app

·
Registered
2020 Duke 890 R
49 Posts
I have one of those book scanners that you can turn a physical book into a pdf.......🤔
I just ordered a physical copy :devilish: :devilish: :devilish: .

For anyone trying to order this online, if you get stuck at the "no dealers near you" just expand your search area to 300+km. Select a dealer but then have your manuals delivered to "invoice address".

1 - 17 of 17 Posts