KTM 790 Duke Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that the new 890 Rs are out in the wild I thought it might be fun to hear about sightings.

·
Premium Member
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Glendale, AZ

I was surprised yesterday (4/07/2020) when I was less then a mile from my house and heard the sweet sound of our beloved parallel twins getting closer. Figured it might be a 790, but nope, an 890R zipped past me! I went northbound on 75th Ave between Bell Road and Union Hills Drive!

I was not expecting to see one so soon and it already had a tail tidy installed (couldn't tell if there were any other mods as it went by pretty quickly), no surprise there. :)

Great seeing them out and about. I wonder which dealer they got it from?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Nice! Good luck with it, and post up your initial impressions.

·
Premium Member
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Lonster-

Congrats! So the 890 R come with passenger accommodations? If so, kudos to KTM for including it!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Lonster-

Congrats! So the 890 R come with passenger accommodations? If so, kudos to KTM for including it!
Yes, comes with the passenger seat, grab rail and rear footpegs. Nice touch for KTM to include those, although they will never see any use on my 890!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Hope to get the M7RRs scrubbed in this week. So far I only rode them about five miles up the hill and... no good twisties. But I had M7RRs on my 690 Duke and my 1290 SDR and was always very happy with them.

·
Super-Moderator
'20 890R
435 Posts
Hope to get the M7RRs scrubbed in this week. So far I only rode them about five miles up the hill and... no good twisties. But I had M7RRs on my 690 Duke and my 1290 SDR and was always very happy with them.
I have a friend who swears by them as well - they appear to be a solid tire for sure!

I have a set of Dunlop Q4's sitting in my office that'll go on next but I'm hoping to try out some Bridgestone S22's as well and also to see if Michelin will make the OEM tires available to my dealer - currently they say to buy the Power Cup 2's they have to deal with Michelin's Race Tire distributor not the usual street tire Rep.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I was not fond of the OEM Michelins after several rides. They seemed to get cooked, probably from too many heat cycles. When I took them off at around 1300 miles they were getting slippery, with that hard skin that race tires get when they have had too many heat cycles.

I am not a track day guy any more, back in the mid-90s I did some at Laguna Seca and Sears point raceway, but now I just do canyon riding, usually solo. The M7RRs are a way better choice for ME.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts