KTM 790 Duke Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I like the look of stock/ OEM (in this case KTM), and I like how the handlebar setup looks with the clamps for the clutch/ front brake located inboard of the switch control pods. (It just looks much cleaner to me due to my self imposed OCD.)

And, while I was at the dealer getting my break-in service done I was able to take a good look at an 890 R they had on the floor. I LOVED the feel and adjustability of the stock 890 R M/C, especially the quick adjustment RCS, something I have not seen on "regular" Brembo RCS M/Cs.

With that being said, I think I would like to put one on my 790 and my question is will it work, or would I also have to change out the calipers/ discs? My guess is that the 890 R M/C is setup for whatever the piston size is of the stock Brembo calipers and I doubt it is the same as the JJuan ones on the 790.

***Also, frustrating is the fact that I cannot find any online KTM parts sites listing 890 R parts yet. I called a local dealer and they are not seeing 890 R parts yet either.

·
Registered
28 Posts
You won't have the same feeling by simply changing Duke 790 MC. You will need at least Brembo Stylema/m50 calipers(4x30mm pistons) without that it will be totally different.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts