KTM 790 Duke Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have seen the HP on this bike listed as 119, 120, and 121. Also as 89KW. 89KW is about 119HP.

Why the minor variations in published HP?

·
Super-Moderator
'20 890R
446 Posts
Rottweiler Performance bought an 890R last week to pop onto their dyno so fingers crossed they post numbers soon but I'll put my guess out there now:

790 claimed - 105hp and most ended up at 95ish stock at the wheel, so...
890R claimed - 120hp so I'll guess 108 at the wheel

Torque was about 57-58 on the 790 so I'll guess 66-67ft lbs on the 890R -anything higher than that will be amazing.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Just got a call from Rottweiler. My Akro full Ti system is in!
They are programming a power commander V and will ship both out ASAP.
I can't wait! Pics to come.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just got a call from Rottweiler. My Akro full Ti system is in!
They are programming a power commander V and will ship both out ASAP.
I can't wait! Pics to come.
I hope you like it. One of the guys on a FB page got one and posted this picture. I am not fond of the look with that HUGE muffler. Seems out of proportion to the rest of the bike.

·
Super-Moderator
'20 890R
446 Posts
I hope you like it. One of the guys on a FB page got one and posted this picture. I am not fond of the look with that HUGE muffler. Seems out of proportion to the rest of the bike.

View attachment 4480
Agreed - it's hideous IMO - so massive. Guess that's the only way to make up for the lack of a Cat - baffling has to come entirely from the Canister.
I'm sure it's quality but damn is it every ugly.

Owner said it also rubbed against his heel guard as well I think... He has serious buyers remorse LOL.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It also looks like that muffler's output is aimed directly at and quite close to the turn signal. Perhaps you can get a discount on a case of right rear turn signals.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
EDIT: I misunderstood when I said: "The owner of the bike in that pic already took it off and replaced it with an SC Project slip-on.".
The guy with the Akra and the guy with the SC Project are two different people. Sorry.

I normally love Akrapovic stuff and have owned lots of it including the full TI Evo system for my SDR. But they blew it with this one.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Most aftermarket mufflers point at the turn signal after changing to a tail tidy.
I am more concerned with the weight drop, better fueling and much better noises. If I feel the need to go to a smaller can, Akro, Yosh and everyone else makes one.

·
Super-Moderator
'20 890R
446 Posts
I would love to hear why you think the AR is "crappy"..
My Take on AR products isn't so much that they are crappy, it's just that they are IMO:

• ugly - terrible design
  • not always functional - ie for the 1290 they ground through headers on track days due to terrible engineering.
  • LOUD - they are the new era of D&D pipes from 20 years ago - so to me they seem marketed to the "look at me" crowd versus the discerning rider who isn't commuting through town blipping their throttle 38 times.
I can't speak to their build quality, and this is just my own opinion and observations.

·
Registered
2 Posts
So do slipons for the 790 work on the 890? Or do they have to be 890 specific?

I assume with the cat on the muffler isn't doing too much anyway.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts