KTM 790 Duke Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
WOW! Too much. I hope the Akro full Ti system is not that loud.
I'm guessing it's because the megaphone 'muffler' is not really doing any muffling.
It reminds me of the DanMoto megaphone on the Ninja 650. Too much for me.
Thanks for sharing.

·
A d m i n .
151,146 Posts
hahaha, thanks for the viddy’s. That thing is crazy.
Have to agree with the Lion. Lotsa love for the SC Project slip-on wt the cat.

Sans cat, that thing is next level loud, if you can get away with it, (and tolerate it), more powah to you.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Wow that sounds awesome! I think I might go for an sc project slip on and either an arrow mid pipe or this one. How does it run without the cat? I've read about the 790 not being very happy without the cat, I wonder if it's the same with the 890?

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wow that sounds awesome! I think I might go for an sc project slip on and either an arrow mid pipe or this one. How does it run without the cat? I've read about the 790 not being very happy without the cat, I wonder if it's the same with the 890?

My KTM dealer will load the Akro Evo map on it in the morning.

Took it around the block with the stock map. A little more poppy and surgy at low RPM, alot like the 790 is stock. Doesn't run poorly by any means though.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Nice video! Even with the cat removed it doesn't sound too obnoxious at all (not that I care, I love a good loud exhaust). I think I might be sold on either the sc project slip on or the werks mid pipe, it's such a great combo. Thanks for the upload!

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Nice video! Even with the cat removed it doesn't sound too obnoxious at all (not that I care, I love a good loud exhaust). I think I might be sold on either the sc project slip on or the werks mid pipe, it's such a great combo. Thanks for the upload!
LOL.. hold that thought. Its so loud it makes me nauseous without ear plugs. It makes my buddies piped 107c.i. Harley sound QUIET..

·
Registered
39 Posts
WOW!! That's crazy loud! I love it! The stock exhaust is sooooo quiet though, I would almost prefer this lol. Yea that sounds a lot louder than the other video!

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
How does it ride and run with the new map? Are you glad you did the cat delete?
Runs fine. Didn't actually notice it running poorly with the decat on the stock map but I didn't beat on it. No fueling issues or surging with the EVO map. Don't really feel any gains. Didn't expect any. Possible slight loss of torque down low. Hard to say.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Runs fine. Didn't actually notice it running poorly with the decat on the stock map but I didn't beat on it. No fueling issues or surging with the EVO map. Don't really feel any gains. Didn't expect any. Possible slight loss of torque down low. Hard to say.
Well that's good then. I don't know if I'd expect gains or not, I just didn't want to have any rideability issues with doing something like that. I'd love the extra noise, I'm a strong believer in "if they can hear you, they can see you"

·
Registered
848 Posts
Just a comment - So far pretty much every INDEPENDENT DYNO run I have seen of SHORT STUBBY single exit pipes on 790's shows they rob TOP END POWER. One or two have been spectacular.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Just a comment - So far pretty much every INDEPENDENT DYNO run I have seen of SHORT STUBBY single exit pipes on 790's shows they rob TOP END POWER. One or two have been spectacular.
Isn't a little less top end a good trade for a better exhaust note though?

·
Premium Member
105 Posts
Any feedback on the Wings? Probably the only two (2) I will consider are the Wings and Akra, plus the Wings is a couple hundy cheaper. Not sure if it performs similar to the Akra or not (@ 1 HP less then stock).

·
Registered
848 Posts
Any feedback on the Wings? Probably the only two (2) I will consider are the Wings and Akra, plus the Wings is a couple hundy cheaper. Not sure if it performs similar to the Akra or not (@ 1 HP less then stock).
I'm biased - I have the WINGS.

Plus or minus 1HP is anecdotal. Wings (and COOBER, when they sold via COOBER) say it adds a bit, but basically I think it's safe to say it makes little or no difference over stock.

Point being the stock pipe is very good. But I got a good combo deal buying the COOBER&WINGS together (via Wings). Where WIING scored in my book was making me the pipe as I wanted it - Matte Carbon and no Stickers. I like anonymous,

·
Registered
39 Posts
Now that it's been a few days, how is it with the de-cat and slip on? Are you glad you did it, or is it too loud? I'm considering picking up the de-cat from werkes now and then get a slip on later.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts