KTM 790 Duke Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my 890 Duke R yesterday. I got the tech package with MSR, Quickshifter and Track Mode.

Am I doing something wrong cuz my by bike downshift/autoblips fine without the clutch but doesnt quickshift UP?

Is there some special menu that activates this? I would think if the autoblip is on that the quickshift up would be too.

Thanks in advance!

·
VIP member
547 Posts
Sounds like a calibration issue that your dealer will need to fix. Not a big deal but a drag to have to go back so soon.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok good to know. I assume with all these electronics, there would be some hiccups in the beginning. Not a huge deal. I have to head back anyways to get the cruise control hardware integrated.

Thanks for the quick response!

·
Registered
482 Posts
Does it work sometimes or never? If you put the slightest amount of pressure on the shift lever it won't work properly.

Like Evans said, it might need the adaptations deleted and reprogrammed

·
Super Moderator
'20 Street Triple 765
639 Posts
Also there are RPM limits to the quickshifter - ie it won't engage below 3000rpm I think it it and IMO you need to be accelerating when using it, not just maintenance throttle - not full throttle but increasing the rev's will drastically smoothen out the engagement on upshifts.

Most likely though is a shift shaft sensor screw up or other set up mistake and the dealer can reset it for you.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The answer the questions noted above:

• It seems like the downshift works sometimes and the upshift works never. The only way I have been able to pseudo quick clutchless upshifts is by doing the slight chop the throttle and clicking it into gear
  • I'll have to check on the RPM limits. How sure as I'm still breaking the bike in so I havent pushed it too much

·
Super Moderator
'20 Street Triple 765
639 Posts
The answer the questions noted above:

• It seems like the downshift works sometimes and the upshift works never. The only way I have been able to pseudo quick clutchless upshifts is by doing the slight chop the throttle and clicking it into gear
  • I'll have to check on the RPM limits. How sure as I'm still breaking the bike in so I havent pushed it too much
You're correct - that is a clutchless upshift but not aided by the QS - that's just what riders do without a QS to get an upshift done as quick as possible.

One final thing - make sure you aren't letting off the gas at all, the gas has to be on and as I mentioned, ideally RPM's climbing slightly for the QS to work - if you let off the throttle even a little it won't work.

·
Registered
2020 Duke 890 R
49 Posts
When I first got my 890 it did the same exact thing. Eventually it just started working (or I started doing it correctly?).
Now my problem is that I'm dropping into false neutrals probably because I'm not being fast enough with the lever.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Interesting that 890manual suggests not closing throttle on downshifts..... on the 790 that's not sensible and feels mechanically unsympathetic to me

·
Registered
'20 890R
48 Posts
As mentioned in another tread, I was told by my dealer that the QS on the 890 is "adaptive" meaning that as you ride it learns your shifting pressure and speed and adapts kill time to it. As a result the QS feels a bit rough for the first ~100 km.

But when you that you can't shift up at all it could sound like at sensor calibration issue. Should be an easy fix.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Its an adjustment issue.The unit seems to be operating on a magnetic switch. Looking at the sensor placement. It doesnt look evenly aligned.on the bike. I'm assuming that future adjustments to the shifter pedal location would have a similar effect.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts