KTM 790 Duke Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello 890 Owners

could some of you be so nice and make some detailed photos of the Brembo MC and it's lever?

Background: I own a 790 and I HATE the brakes.

Already switched the pads. Yes, the bite is better, but the huge travel of the lever is killing me. Braking with 1-2 fingers is impossible for me.

So my plan is to switch the MC with the one from the 890.
My idea is that since it's 98% the same bike the MC of the 890 should fit nicely on the 790.

Any thought?

Thanks a lot!

·
VIP member
547 Posts
Yeah I've seen them.
I'm interested in switching to the one from the 890.
Just be aware that the 790’s J.Juan calipers have larger piston diameters from the Stylemas. Consequently, the 890’s master cylinder may not be powerful enough. Before you spend the money, you should find out what the MCS’ piston diameter is. If it’s bigger than 17mm, you’re probably ok.

·
Registered
181 Posts
The MCS has a variable ratio. 17, 18 or 19.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Right. Brembo says it's a 16mm.

G

·
KA-TMDUKE-

I am interested in doing the full 890 Brembo set up on my 790.

I LOVE the adjustable ratio and stock looks that the 890 M/C has. However, I am still waiting for US parts listing to become available so I can begin sourcing. I wish it was as easy as just getting the 890 M/C but I am not going to hold my breath.

Most likely it will involve at least the M/C, but probably also the discs/ carriers. If one also has to do the calipers, that will throw it into a whole new price category. Still probably worth it but pricy for sure.

My journey so far-

·
Registered
86 Posts
The one thing I noticed is that my 890 had braided lines from the factory. That greatly improves feel and braking power. Don't forget to make that change as well.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts