KTM 790 Duke Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's a recent article by Kevin Cameron on what the technical differences are between the two engines and why.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I love the torque!

·
Registered
22 Posts
I had read it and was going to post it here too. Very good read. Makes me think about what.a good set of cams might do in the even degreeing can't get to where I'd want to be.

Overall I am pretty happy with the power the bike for how I use it most. But since I am greedy, I wouldn't mind a bit more. Don't need SDR level of power since the bike is lighter but another 10-15 HP would be awesome.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I had read it and was going to post it here too. Very good read. Makes me think about what.a good set of cams might do in the even degreeing can't get to where I'd want to be.

Overall I am pretty happy with the power the bike for how I use it most. But since I am greedy, I wouldn't mind a bit more. Don't need SDR level of power since the bike is lighter but another 10-15 HP would be awesome.
I
My Triumph Speed Twin has a similar situation with it cam timing. I had -9 degrees of overlap. Going to an aftermarket cam gives a bump across the board, with no perceptible loss of torque anywhere. Peak hp is claimed to have about a 15% increase. It has a single cam, so there’s no way to play with overlap, like on the 890

1 - 6 of 6 Posts